Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

We have a driveway that is a right away on our property what

Customer Question

We have a driveway that is a right away on our property what legal rights do we have?
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 7 years ago.

Hello. The driveway I understand to be for the benefit of another property. In this case, your property is known as the subservient estate. As the owner of the subservient estate you are entitled to deal with your property as you chose so long as you do not interfere with the driveway and its use. The property for whose benefit the right of way is given is obligated to maintain the driveway and not to interfere with your use of your property other than using the driveway for its intended purpose.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.