Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

i have a credit card that im past due on so i made payment

Customer Question

i have a credit card that i'm past due on so i made payment arangments with them to take 3 payments out of my account over a three mounth period it has been 6 months is it leagle for them to keep on taking it out of my account?
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 7 years ago.
If the three payments you made brought the account current in accordance with your agreement, then you can terminate the arrangement and pay the credit card bill in the manner you normally do. You should contact the credit card company and tell them to cease the practice. If that fails, you can contact your bank and effectively put a stop payment on any further direct debits of your account. The stop payment will be good for about 6 months which should solve the problem.