MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

Im 20 years old and my friend is 15. She will be 16 about

I'm 20 years old and my friend is 15. She will be 16 about a month and a half before I turn 21. We've known each other for a while and we've become really good friends. Her dad trusts me taking her around as we're just friends right now. If we wanted to get in a non-sexual intercourse relationship, like just holding hands, kissing, hugging, etc and nothing serious, what are the laws against that in Washington state?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
There's no harm in a non-sexual relationship, the problem comes should it turn sexual when she is still a minor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So there's nothing bad about me holding hands, kissing, hugging her since I'm 20 and she's 15?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.

No, but be mindful that you would be toeing a very fine line. If touching became sexual you could be faced with an indecent liberties with a minor charge:

1) A person is guilty of indecent liberties when he knowingly causes another person who is not his spouse to have sexual contact with him or another:

(a) By forcible compulsion; or

(b) When the other person is less than 14 years of age; or

(c) When the other person is incapable of consent by reason of being mentally defective, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless.

(2) For purposes of this section, "sexual contact" means any touching of the sexual or other intimate parts of a person done for the purpose of gratifying the sexual desire of either party.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Obviously, I wouldn't be stupid enough to touch her sexual parts. If we did get together, we would want to hold hands, kiss, etc.. be boyfriend/girlfriend. No sex involved at all, under any circumstances. The touching would NOT get to the point of us touching each others' sexual body parts. So I'm in good shape to begin a relationship with her since there won't be ANY sex at all, only kissing, hugging, holding hands, etc?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Yes, so long as there is no sexual act (including sleeping in the nude).