MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

I am male and was sexually molested and anally raped by a pedophile

I am male and was sexually molested and anally raped by a pedophile in 1961 and 1062 when I was 11 and 12 years old. With the numerous news reports about child abuse the past few years the memories and problems I have suffered because of it have been overwhelming. The sexual abuse took place when this pedophile took me on trips. I was abused in numerous States as well as Canada. I found out where this pervert lives and it is not in a State where I was abused. I have written to the AG of the State where he lives but was told they could do nothing. I wrote to the AG of the US but received no answer. I wrote to the FBI and even talked to them on the phone but got nowhere. I wrote to America's Most Wanted, but since he isn't "wanted" they didn't care. I have contacted several lawyers and can find nobody who is interested in bringing this man to justice. Are the statute of limitations up so he can't be tried criminally? Can he be brought to trial in a civil case? How?
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Yes the statute of limitation has run on a criminal trial. However you can still file a civil suit based on the emotional damage you most recently suffered as a result of being reminded of the incident, the cause of action would intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX need a little more help. Can he be tried in Florida, or does he have to be tried in each State where he abused me? Since this took place across State lines is it a Federal crime so a civil suit has to be handled differently that if it was all in one State? Can I just file a civil case in Florida where he lives? What kind of lawyer handles this? I contacted several lawyers in Florida and all of them said they didn't handle this type of case. Thank you.
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
He can be tried in Florida because your case at this point would be not based on the abuse, but the lingering emotional effects of the abuse.This can be tried as a state civil case. A civil litigator would be best suited to handle this case. The reason you may have difficulty finding a lawyer to handle the case is because in order for it to be worthwhile the defendant would have to be a person of sufficient means to pay any judgment that is rendered against, otherwise the judgment would be meaningless from an attorney's perspective.
MShore, Attorney
Experience: Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.