MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I have a concept for promoting a fundraiser in public schools.

I have a concept for promoting a fundraiser in public schools. I want to promote the concept by having a contest over the span of a school year. At the end of the year, I want to award a donation of up to $50,000 to the top 4 producing schools and there will also be many lesser prizes for a number of schools. I want to promote it throughout the country. The amount will be based on whether we meet our goal, which would fund the prize. If we did not meet the goal, then a fraction based on the achievement would be awarded out to the top performing schools. I need to find out:

1) Is this legally possible to do?
2) If so, what would the reasonable expected cost be for becoming legal in all states and drafting contest rules?
3) What type of attorney would I hire and what qualifications should I look for?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.

1) Yes legal, but you should be a registered non-profit.

2) Costs: $12,500

3) Small business/corporate attorney who has experience with start-ups