JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

i am on disability, social security. i am unhappy with my sprint

i am on disability, social security. i am unhappy with my sprint 2 yr contract. i want to cancel.. i have received legal advice that credit card companies cannot garnish my federal social security disability income. is that the same for a contract such as this? it's running way too expensive for me..
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Yes, it is true that your social security cannot be garnished from any judgment that may issue from you breaking your contract with Sprint.

Please understand, however, Sprint will sue, will get a judgment, and will attempt to garnish, and you will have to file objections. There may be a period of time when your money is "frozen" in your bank account until you can show and the court is satisfied that it's only social security that you have in the bank account. The non-payment will also show up on your credit report.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!