I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.
Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.
There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”
I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”
I was asked by the Attorney from the ARDC what proof did I want the PoA to show me regarding how she spent my Money, I requested from the ARDC the following and I would like to know can the PoA refuse to show what I request from her and what the ARDC request from her regarding proof of how she spent my Money.
1. I requested a Credit Card history from my PoA to be done by the ARDC, to show all tranaction that she made with her Credit Card for things purchased for me and information showing all Transactions deducted from my Estate to repay herself.
2. I requested from the ARDC to have my PoA show phone records, because my PoA told me that was one of the reason's why she charged me $18,000.00 because she spent so much time on the phone taking care of Business for me, (these were things that I could have done, but was not allowed to do, because the PoA would never give me the information so I would know whom to contact) and she would alway's tell me that everything was O.K. and she was handling it, so is it O.K. for me to request Phone records, and isn't this part of showing what work she did to receive that type of pay.
3. In my letter of dismissal to my PoA can I ask for for information regarding my Finances or is that something that I should just leave for the ARDC to handle.
In my letter can I just keep it simple and just inform my PoA that I'm dismissing her, or do I have to give her a reasonable explanation what does the Law require that someone does to dismiss their PoA if there's an investigation done, I want to make sure I don't do any damage, do I have to inform her in the letter of dismissal that I filed a Complaint with the ARDC.
Hello Mr. Paul MJD,
Today I sent to my PoA a Noterized Letter dismissing her, by Next Day Delivery throught the Post Office, I did not inform her about the Complaint with the ARDC, the Letter was very brief and I aked that she return to me everything regarding my Account and Personal Business, I received two call backs from Attorney's one Attorney will help me but I would have to pay him, that's not an option at this point the other Attorney recommed The Bar Association, I called The Bar Association and spoke with someone and gave them my contact information and I'm waiting on someone to reply. I also called the Bank, that my PoA put my Money into CD's I was told by a Bank Representative that all 3 CD's had been cashed in the same Year that they were opened, before the Maturity Date, and because of that the Bank Penalized me, I was not aware of that, I asked was there anymore accounts and was told No, I asked that because I was trying to get some leads on where the rest of the Money is. I would like to know the following Please.
1. If I cant find an Attorney to help me with the matter with my PoA, can I represent myself and take her to Court and sue her for Misconduct.
2. My PoA had me clean her house every 3 to 4 Day's in the Month of July 1, 2009 throught July 31, 2009 because I was told by my PoA that she needed help cleaning her house and that I should not mind doing that for her because she does thing for me as my Power of Attorney for free. So I did because I thought she was my PoA for free, I did not realize of know that she was charging me $18,000.00.
3. Can I sue her under the Labor Law, in Civil Court, throught the Illinois Department of Civil and Human Rights.
4. Where would I find the Labor Law's for Attorney, The Ethics of an Attorney.
5. Or should I wait until the ARDC investigation is over.
I feel that I have been taken advantage of, I can get a print out from my Transportation to show that I was all Trips that was made to my PoA house and return trips from my PoA house, was this Legal for my PoA to have me doing all that work, misleading me into thinking that I was to clean her house because she was my PoA and she was not charging me to be my PoA. If I can't get an Attorney what legal actions can I bring against my PoA.
I was told by my PoA when I meet with her on February 1, 2010 and she informed me about my Estate Balance I questioned it because my figures and my PoA figures were totally different, my PoA than told me that she charged me $18,000.00 to be my PoA and that there was nothing I could do about it because I signed Two agreements to pay her for being my PoA, when I asked to see what I signed I was told by my PoA that she didn't have them available for me, and that she would try to find them for me, I was just given the new PoA that I signed on July 5, 2009 and the PoA contract that I signed in 2002 throught 2008 I thought was just giving her permission to be my PoA, and only to make decisions for me in the event that I become unable to make decisions for myself, could my PoA argue that I signed 2 agreement contract to pay her for being my PoA, would she have to show the ARDC her reason for charging me $18,000.00 or would the fact that I signed an agreement, agreeing to pay her $18,000.00 be a good enough arguement for her. On February 1, 2010 at the meeting with my PoA, after I was told what my Estate balance was, I wrote a letter regarding what took place, my PoA only signed it because I told her I was going to file a complaint against her with the ARDC, the PoA signed it agreeing to pay me back $5,000.00 when I wrote my Complaint to the ARDC I put in my Letter that I disagree with my PoA decision to pay me back $5,000.00 I wanted by $18,000.00.
I did sign some papers, but what I remember signing was Power of Attorney contracts, the first time I signed paper there were alot of paper's I signed it was informed to me by my PoA that I was given her premission to handle my affairs in the event that I become unable to do so, on February 1, 2010 when I met with my PoA she did not have available for me copies of anything that I signed the first time, not even the two contracts that she said I signed agreeing to pay her, she only had available the second Power of Attorney contract I signed, I have been compairing my Bank firgures to my PoA hand written figures that she gave to me, the dates that she wrote out, do not even compair to my computerized print out Bank Statement, it seem's as if she payed herself in advance, and everytime I needed a wire transfer to make a purchase she would tell me she would take care of it. I would like to know the following.
1. Can a PoA have a Client sign two contracts agreeing to pay them, and should'nt the PoA had me sign a Carbon Copy of a Attorney and Client fee agreement with the Attorney's, that's the type of contract I signed with the first Attorney whom handled and settled the case and he was payed his fee's up front $19,000.00.
2. I had Three Court Dates, one was regarding a settlement that I could have worked out myself, I had knowledge of whom to speak with I signed an agreement agreeing to a settlement to make a $5,000.00, I thought all of this was just a one time conversation because nothing was ever told to me by my PoA, she only made me aware of a settlement offer, and I was asked to sign some paper if I agreed, I did, I never knew that the PoA had to go to Court or anything, this is something she claims is the reason why she charged me $18,000.00
3. The other two court cases were personal, I was aware of the first one, when I was under guardianship, I appeared in court with my Case Manager and the other Attorney, and the Judge dismissed the Case. I received a Certified Letter from this persona again and I had informed the PoA about it, not for her to invest time in this matter only to ask her to do a wire transfer so that I could purchase Transportation Ticket to have available for me to attend Court and take care of other matters, she wanted me to fax over to her the Certified Letter that I received, she sent one of the other Attorney whom is employed by her to this Court Date, I could have done this myself and the Court Case was dismissed and the person was told that they could not bring the matter to Court again, this is another reason she charged me $18,000.00, the Third Court case was a personal matter as well, she insisted on handleing this, she sent another attorney there as well, there were two court times the first time was to let the Judge know about the case and I disagreed with the Complaintive, and a hearing was set, the other attorney showed up, both parties explained there reasoning, and the case was dismissed I won, I did all the talking the other attorney did do anything but stand there, I can get the court recording to prove that, this court case is included in her $18,000.00 attorney's fee.
4. Things that she insisted on order for me, I could have made the purchases myself the PoA made that part of her $18,000.00 attorney fees.
This is why I'm questioning the Two contract's that she said signed, is it Legal for a PoA to have a client sign Two types of contracts agreeing to pay Attorney fee's, Is it Legal for a PoA have a client sign a fee agreement and not give them the carbon copy. I gave the ARDC a copy of everythng, which was fine, but I want to know will they send to the PoA a copy of everything that I gave to them, I also left with the ARDC copies of my Personal Banking Statement's, and I'm concern that if the ARDC sends copies to the PoA, she would try to use my Banking Statement's for proof of her calculation, because she did not give to me nothing from a Bank showing my present balance, or any open account, not even anything showing the $35,000.00 that was remaiing from my settlement check, the only thing I received from her with Banking information was regarding to Three CD's she open up, and I found out that all Three were cashed before the Maturity Date and in the same year. Can I argue any of this.
At this time I'm currently awaiting to here from The American Bar Association in hopes that an Attorney could Represent me with the matter concerning my PoA, I mention to you that I sent my PoA a Noterized Letter on February 3, 2010 informing her that I have Revolked her as my PoA, after meeting with her on February 1, 2010 and after fileing a Complaint with the ARDC on February 2, 2010. It was confirmed with United States Postal Service on February 4, 2010 by using my Tracking Nurmber, that an attempt was made by The Postal Service to deliver the Mail to my PoA but with any success and a Notice was left by The Postal Service at my PoA address informing her of a Mail to be picked up, I spoke with a Representative from The Postal Service on February 5, 2010 and was told that the person had 5 Day's to pick up the Mail or the Mail would be returned to the Sender (Me), I would like to know the following.
1. If my PoA doesn't pick up the Mail at the Post Office and the Mail is returned to me, how would she know that I have revoked her as my PoA.
2. I have sent a copy of the Noterized Letter to all other Institutions that I'm aware of that have communicated with my PoA in the past and I attached a Letter to the Noterized Letter asking the Institution to please not have anymore communication with my PoA, as it relates to me. Could my PoA still communcate with the Institutions although I have communcated with them and asked them not to.
3.How long does my PoA have to return my items to me that she has in her purcessions that relates to me.
4. I have email's from my PoA that relates to her wanting me to come to her House and do Office Work and House cleaning for her, which she has alway's told me that I should want to them those things because she's doesn't charge me to be my PoA, so this is why I did those things, CAN I USE THOSE EMAIL AS PROOF THAT THIS IS WHY I DISAGREE WITH HAVING TO PAY MY PoA $18,000.00 in Attorney Fee's. I also have communcated with my Transportation an requested a documented History Report of Trips that will show that my Transportation to and from my PoA, can I use that as Proof to show that I was going to my PoA hous staying for 3 to 4 day's, I also have email from my PoA, asking me to get Doctor Precribed Medication for myself but than give them to her so that she doesn't have to pay for them herself, I have actual Email from my PoA, asking me to do these things, my other proof that I was going to my PoA house is that I have one of the Medications that I was precribed at a Walgreen's in the area of my PoA house, in my Name but with my PoA address on it.
I'm asking is all of this information that I have could be used as proof as my Argument to why I don't feel I should have to pay my PoA, $18,000.00, althought I was told by my PoA that I signed two statements that I agree to pay her, even though I never received a copy of such on February 1, 2010 when I meet with my PoA, I also have many emails asking my PoA to meet with me and give to me copies of everything including copies of the PoA contract that I signed, which was the only thing I thought I sign and I have returned emails from my PoA, telling me that she would as soon as she get's time and giving me all other kinds of excuses.
Mr. Paul MJD with all that being said do I have any Proof.
I didn't specify a returned Date asking my PoA to return the items that she has in here care as it relates to me, I only ask that she return them to me,in the event that she does return everything to me, and my Finacial Amount is not what I agree to, does this mean that she doesn't have to explain to the ARDC about my Estate Balance and show to the ARDC proof of what she did with my Money, I had asked you where would I find the Law's and Ethics and Responsibility of an Attorney that's someones PoA, I looked through my communication letter's to you and Your reply's to me, and I couldn't find them, I may have over looked them, Mr. Paul MJD could you please give me that information again, I'm trying to get togeather as much information to prepare myself for the investigation that I have filed with the ARDC against my PoA so that I'm prepared in case I don't have an Attorney to help me.
I feel that my PoA acted very unprofessionally and I have been wronged by her, in many way's and I want to have as much evidence as I can including the Moral's, Ethics, and Responsibility that an Attorney have and the working relationship they should have with there Client, I want to be able to not just show proof as to why I shouldn't have to pay her the amount of Attorney fees she's charging me, but I want to be able to summit to the ARDC what the Law's of Ethics and Responsibility of an Attorney is and I'm sure there aware of that and that's why there doing an investigation, People are taken advantage of Everyday, but Seniors and People's with Disabilities ( such as myself ) are the one's that are taken advantage even more, and as I said I want to be prepared and ready, I feel that the way my PoA treated me was totally wrong.
I also want to say to you Mr. Paul MJD, I really do appreciated all your help, had I known about Just Answers long time ago I would have been able to protect myself from any of the things that happen, I alway's felt obligated to do all these things for my PoA, because I was constantly told I should'nt have a problem doing them because she was my PoA and she wasn't charging me, another reasong why I want the Law's and Responsibility of an Attorney, because my PoA is an Attorney and I'm afraid that she would over power me with her knowledge, she's over powered me in the past.
I just called 411 directory for the Phone Number to The State Bar Office of Diciplinary Counsel and there's not listing of that in Chicago Illinois, do you have a Web-site listening for The State Bar Office of Disciplinary Counsel, and is the Distric Attorney the same as the Attorney General or is that someone or something different, under what Web-site could I find the Rules and Regulations an Attorney or PoA requirements to there Clients, and my PoA is an Attorney. I want to research the Ethical conduct that an Attorney must provide to there Client, and what an Attorney that's someone's PoA cannot do with there Client, I'm try to get information that will say that it's is unethical for an Attorney acting as someone's PoA to have them in there Private Home doing the things that my PoA had me doing, something that I would be able to show my PoA have acted unproffesionally.
I received an Email from one of the other Attorney's whom is Employed by my PoA, informing me that he and my PoA is going to send to me the a check with the rest of the money that's remaining in my Account, a Check for the Medical Set aside that I received from the Settlement, and a check for $5,000.00 which is what my PoA said she would pay me back, Mr. Paul MJD I never agreed to the $5,000.00 repayment, and the email also ask me about if I wanted them to keep my House in trust or just turn that over to me as well and I can put my House in trusted deed myself, the email also informed me about a matter that my PoA and the other Attorney was handling and on February 1, 2010 they were going to have me sign some paper's that if I win they would get paid, Mr. Paul MJD I need to know the following.
1. If I don't agree with my PoA repaying me back $5,000.00 do I have to except that when they return everything back to me.
2. Should I reply back to the email and tell them that I'm not excepting the $5,000.00.
3. Should I inform the ARDC about this email.
4. What should I do if they send me back everything, I don't agree with what my Finacial Balance is.
5. Can my PoA send to me everything even if she did not show me Banking statement with Leads to how she spent my Money, and what she did to charge me $18,000.00 in Attorney Fees, including the fact that she I never received or to this day saw a Copie of the two contracts she said I signed agreeing to pay her Attorney Fees.
I did want her to return to me everything that she has in her percession as it relates to me, but what do I do about my dispute, regarding the Attorney Fee's, and everything else that I complained to the ARDC about, do I have to respond to there email to me.
The email that they sent to me also included sending me a check for the remaining of my Balance, Plus a Check for $5,000.00 and an Additional Check for $5,000.00 of Attoney Fee, I don't agree with my Accounting Balance, nor do I want to except any of the $5,000.00. Can I ask for my Former PoA and her staff Attorney for the Following in my email to do, I don't want to do anything wrong to damage my Investigation with the ARDC.
1. Can I ask for a Full Accounting of my Balance, to show how my Money was spent, including copies of returned checks.
2. Can I ask for Copies of Both Contract that my Former PoA Claimed I signed so that I can see how she charged me $18,000.00.
3. Can I ask for Court Records and Dates that will show how often she went to Court regarding taking Care of Business for me.
4. Could I ask them to send me Phone Records showing me how much time she spent on the phone doing things related to me.
5. Can I ask for copies of any Deed's and Trust regarding the Estate of my Home.
Mr. Paul MJD, when you and I first meet I contacted Just Answers because I had problems with The Chicago Police and My Brother, all Charges against me were Dismissed, I was given a 6 Month Order of Protection against my Brother, and my Brother is now serving 6 Year's for other Charges not related to me. I had Attorney's from CGLA that represented me throught the entire matter with my Brother. My former PoA wanted me to send a Letter regarding everything that happen, and any Police Reports regarding all the Court Date, so that she could put everything in my Client Filed, I sent everything she requested to her and the other Attorney by Fax. That was the first and only time that my Former PoA, asked me anything regarding the Police matter, there was never any mention of filing a Law suit against them, and my Former PoA only ask me to send those things to her in December 2009, In the email I received from my Former PoA and the other Attorney, they mention that when I meet with my Former PoA, they were going to have me sign a Contengecy Contract to file a Suit against The Chicago Police and I would not have to pay them unless I win, neither of them had ever talk to me about filing any Suits, I'm aware that I had every right to Sue the Chicago Police, but my Biggist Payment was Forgiveness, I started seeing a Counselor which was recommended by my Neurologist, I recovered from that Tragedy, I set Goals for myself, I started Living my Life, the Attorney's that was representing my from CGLA, started the Process of getting my Records expunged, I received back from the State Police, that they do not have any Objections to any of the Charges, I moved forward in Life, and now I'm returning to School, because of what happen I was put back on Seizure Medication, I have been taken off all Medication, I was determine to get back on Track and I did, I was told in the Email, by my Former PoA and the other Attorney that I need to allow them to represent me in the matter with the Police because the Statue to file a Suit against the Chicago Police is one Year and my one Year will be up February 27, 2010 Mr. Paul MJD I need to know the following.
1. The matter with the Police is one of the reason my Former PoA told me she charged me $18,000.00 because of time invested in the other Attorney getting things ready to file a suit against the Chicago Police, I never knew they were doing that, I never meet with any of them to talk about that, nor did I sign any paper agreeing to pay if I win. Could she make part of her $18,000.00 fee, The Chicago Police if I never meet with them and I didn't sign any Paper's.
2. When I request that they send to me a Full accounting of my Balance and everything else I request, will my Former PoA still have to send to the ARDC information showing my Accounting Balance and how she spent my Money and the things I requested as well.
The email also said that they both want to make things as easy on my as possible without having to explain anything.
Mr. Paul MJD,
I'll send them an Email, asking a Full History of my Accounting Balance, all Bills Paid, Copies of All contracts I signed, and everything pretaining to my Home that they put into Trust. I will let them know that I do not Agree with nor will I except any repayments of either of the $5,000.00 offer from my Former PoA. They even included Dates that they will send Checks out to my House by Fed-Ex for the remaining Balance of my Account and Two other dates for repayments of Two Checks for $5,000.00 so I will sent them both emails, and I will send to the ARDC, a copie of the emails.
Thank You So Much, Mr. Paul MJD,
Betty G. Tobler
Hello Mr. Paul MJD, I sent an email to the Two Attorney's, my exact Words to them were, "I AM NOT EXCEPTING ANY MONEY, I WANT TO SEE AN ACCOUNTING HISTORY OF HOW MY MONEY WAS DISTRIBUTED TO WHOM, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE & HOW, SINCE THE TWO OF YOUR WERE IN CHARGE OF HANDLING MY MONEY".
I received an email from the other Attorney asking to meet with me on February 9,2010 and they would have everything available for me including the Check for $5,000.00, a Check with the remaining amount of my Balance and an Additional $5,000.00 to take care of the problem.
Mr. Paul MJD, do I have to meet with them, can I just not even communicate with them anymore and just let the ARDC handle everything, or if I don't meet with them they can say to the ARDC that I wouldn't cooperate. What rights do I have now.
O.K. Mr. Paul MJD, I wrote down that website, and it would be worth my time to invest about $300.00 to have an Attorney help me with everything, and I have some leads on other Agencies, I found a Listing of Agencies on The Attorney General Web-Site, of Lisa Madagen, there's a list of Agencies that offer Legal Services for People's with Disabilities, whom have Finacially abused, On Monday I will go throught the list and contact them all, I strongly beleave that my Former PoA have done some things that she's aftraid she would get in trouble, so I'm not going to even respond but I have been assigned an Attorney from the ARDC, I'm going to contact them on Monday as well.
Thank You Mr. Paul MJD, I'll be in touch, Have a Great Weekend.
Hello Mr. Paul MJD, I received another Email from my Former PoA and the other Attorney asking me to contact them regarding the meeting on February 9, 2010 in which I will not be attending nor will I respond to either of them, I have been doing some search and I came across a Power of Attorney contract, that details how a Power of Attorney charges there Client, it actually explains in the contract how a Client is charged for Phone Calls, Court Fees, and other Fees, I also found a section on the Internet giving details of how a Power of Attorney is suppose to handle a Clients Money, every Month the Power of Attorney is suppose to send to their Client a Billing Statement detailing how there Money was spent including informtion telling the Client how much Attorney fees they were charged, Mr. Paul MJD I never received any Monthly Statements like that throughout the entire Two Years, my first time ever receiving anything from my Former PoA was February 1, 2010. I would like too no the following.
1. Was the Power of Attorney suppose to send to me a Statement every Month telling me how much of my money was spent and her Attorney Fees.
2. My former Power of Attorney had me cleaning her House and doing office Work, althought I didn't sign anything agreeing to do the Work for Her, the fact that she constantly told me that I shouldn't have a problem cleaning her House and doing office work for her because she doesn't charge me to be my Power of Attorney can I use that as the reason why I shouldn't have to pay her $18,000.00 in Attorney Fee's, I have emails as proof of my Former PoA, wanting me to clean her house and do office work for her, including a log of print out trips to and from her house using my Transportation, couldn't I also use that to show my Power of Attorney Unproffessional behavior.
3. My Dad signed a quick claim Deed, over to me because I had a Power of Attorney that doesnt me I gave my Property to her does it, because my former PoA told me in the emails that my House was IN TRUST and asked me do I want them to keep my House IN TRUST or just turn everything over to me and I can take care of that myself, I never did a Quick Claim Deed turning my House over to my former PoA, I only signed the PoA contract giving her PoA over me in the event I'm unable to make deceision for my self.
Can I also use the fact of my Former PoA involvement in Illegal Activity as a reason why I should not have to pay $18,000.00 in attorney fees, because doing the Illegal Activities resulted in my former PoA making Bad decisions on how she spent my money, she put me in very dangerous situations because she used Illegal Substances while driving a Motor Vehicle and I was in her Vehicle with her as well, I never wanted to ever have to mention any of this, but if I would not have ever been made aware of it, I wouldn't have ever know and I would have never became concerned about my Finaces, althought I alway asked to go over my Finaces, but after everything that I witness I became very suspicious.
My Father did a Quick Claim Deed, Deeding the House over to me, in the Email I received from my Former PoA and the other Attorney, they stated to me in the Email that my House was in Trust, and asked me if I wanted them to take my House out of Trust and Deed it back to me, does this mean that my Former PoA, could have or did a reverse Quick Claim Deed, removing my Father off the Quick Claim Deed as the way it was originally, the Mortgage is in my Father's and my Name, my Father passed in 2005 and I pay the Mortgage now, could she have done something like that and if so, does that mean that I'm not the rightful owner of the House now.
Mr. Paul MJD,
I'm hoping my Former PoA, put my House into Trust Properly, and I have everything pretaining to all the Work I done for her, I will contact the Department Wages and Hours Division.
Did I break any Labor Law's by doing all this Work for her in exchange for her being my PoA. Did I as a Client of her's have the responsiblity to contact The Department of Labor and tell them that I was working for her.
Today I received a Letter from the ARDC, informing me that they received my Communication, and whom is my assigned Contact Senior Counsel, and the ARDC informed me that they will request that my Attorney submit a response to the matter that I have raised, and the ARDC will send a Copy of the Attorney's response to me for comments and then they will determine whether further investigation is warranted.
In the mean time, my Transportation has put in the mail to me a Computerized Copy of all my Trip for the entire Year of 2009 it will include every Trip made to and from my Former PoA house, when I was picked up from my Home by my Transportation and taken to my Former PoA House I would stay 3 to 4 Day's overnight and I would be picked up by my Transportation from my Former PoA house and returned to my house. I did this for the entire Month of July 2010, until I felt my Life was being put in danger, by her Son's illegal Activities and I decided I no longer was going over there, I have an email that I sent to my Former PoA and I informed her about how I was feeling about comming to her House Every Week staying for 3 to 4 Day's at a time, cleaning her House over and Over and I was only suppose to just help her with office work, but she also had me cleaning House. Could my Former PoA use the fact that I stop comming to her House as a reason to say I didn't keep my end of the Bargain, or could I argue the Dangerous situation that I was in and I didn't feel compatable with that or my Former PoA behavior with the thing she was doing and I was tired because my Former PoA had me cleaning her house everyday I was there from the time I got there until sometimes past 9:30 and I did the same cleaning over and over again, repeatly. I need to know the Following Please.
1. Does the Department Labor Wages and Division give to someone a Letter telling them that they were never filed as an Employee by their Employer, I wanted to know that so I can attached it to my responds to my Former Attorney respond to the ARDC.
2. Athought my Former PoA and I did not put anything in Written stateing that I will Work for her in exchange for Attorney Fee's and I signed agreeing to pay her, and she charged me $18,000.00 couldn't I say that all the work I did is worth $18,000.00 how could someone calculate there work is it Legal for me to put my own Price on how much I charge, or do I have an arguement.
3. Since my Former PoA never sent to me a Monthly Statement reguarding my Finaces, could she say that she did, and if she does say she did, could I ask for proof as such as something from the United States Postal Service, Fed-Ex, The United States Parcel Service, something showing that she sent Montly Statements to me and I signed for them.
Because of my Disability would I contact the American Disability Act Labor and Wages or would I file my Complaint with the Illinois Department of Labor, which one would I file with and could I file my Complaint while the Investigation is going on with the ARDC.
If she were to say that I volunteered to do all of this, wouldn't it be Unethical to for an Attorney to have there Client work for them., and charge them Attorney Fee's isn't that disloyalty to a Client. Isn't that taken advantage of someone. When I respond to the ARDC complaint to dispute my Former PoA, reasoning to my complaint I filed with the ARDC how long can I disagree is there a limited time that an Investigation last.
I asked in my Complaint to the ARDC for my Former PoA to give informtion for the following and I want to know would she have to provide to the ARDC the following,
1. All Banking Information regarding my Money.
2. Since she use her Credit Card to purchase Items for me I ask that my Former PoA to show a History of her Credit Card statements that shows were she made purchases for me from 2007 to 2010.
3. I asked in my Complaint to the ARDC that my Former PoA, show everything that she billed me for and how she charged me.
4. I asked the ARDC in my Complaint to have my Former PoA, show the two contracts that she said I signed agreeing to pay her.
Does my Former PoA have to do any of that, or can she refuse to do any of what I asked the ARDC for in my Complaint, and if she does show how she charged me can I disagree with that in my response and attach all my proof., I asking now because I'm getting everything ready for my response now.
I've been searching the internet Links I found and I can not find What a Power of Attorney's Obligation to their Client is, I even checked the Links on the ARDC web-site and I didn't find anything, I would like to know what will I look under at the Law Library I'm going to go Downtown to the Daley Center but what will I look for I want to attach that to my response to the ARDC. I have a Form that a Power of Attorney should give to their Client when they become a Power of Attorney it explains to the Client the way the Power of Attorney charges there fees, I'm going to attached that to my response to the ARDC as well I would like to know the folling Please.
1. I'm going to the Daley Center Library what would I look under to find information about a Power of Attorney's obligation to there Client.
2. What would I look under to find The Proffessional, Ethics of an Attoney, and information that will tell me what an Attorney can and can not do without their Clients approval (Signature) and an Attorney Code of Proffessional Ethics towards their Client, where would I find what's concedered Misconduct for an Attorney.
3. What is Fiduciary Duties
I now understand I'm going to research the Word Fiduciary to show that my Former PoA did not act Professional, and her behavior lead her to do unethical things, after I research I will print things out to attach to my response to the ARDC, I did find informtion regarding a PoA duty to their Client, along with all the emails I have, and the Invoice that my Transportation is sending to me in the Mail, I feel I have a very strong argument as to my reasoning for not paying her.
Thank You Mr. Paul MJD, I'll be in touch.
I called the place I did call back because I haven't heard anything, one of the Place informed me that an Attorney tried to call, she repeated my phone number to me, and it wasn't my phone number, she told me the Attorney that tried to call me back wasn't in at the moment but she took down the correct number and said she would have an Attorney contact me, I've only made notes for myself to respond to the ARDC, I'll hire an Attorney to do the rest, and I'm sure I'll have one soon. I asked the Receptionist about there Fee's I was told that they go according to a person's income, that's also a good thing, I received another email from my Former PoA asking to meet with me on February 11, 2010, so I called the Senior Counsel at the ARDC that I'm assigned to and was told that I did not have to meet with my Former PoA or the other Attorney, but to send to them all emails including the one's I received from my former PoA since I've filed my Complaint with the ARDC. I wasn't told by the ARDC that they sent anythig to my former PoA, but my guess is they did and that's why she wants to meet with me on February 11, 2010. If I don't hear back from the Attorney from the place I called today I'll call again tomorrow.
After the ARDC Investigation is over and the Attorney Represent me, and set up my Will & Trust, I would like to know the following.
1. I only want a Will & Trust set up, I don't want a PoA anymore, can someone with a Disability choose to not have a PoA, or do I have to have a PoA because I have a Disability.
I live alone, I know longer receive any Home Care Service, I know longer attend any Day Programs, and I'm no longer on any Medication, but I'm still under the Care of my Neurologist and General Medicine Doctor's, I take care of all my Fincial Responsibilities, I do everything for myself, and I wanted to know because I terminated my PoA, whom was not a Court Appointed PoA, could I just have a Will & Trust.
I have spoken with The ARDC, because I have called the United States Postal Service, and after giving my Trancking Number again, the message from the US Postal Service is that they have made Two attempts to deliver my Letter that I sent informing my Former PoA, of her dismissal, the US Postal Service attempted on February 4, 2010 and February 13, 2010 without any success, the Lawyer from the ARDC informed me that they sent to my Former PoA, a copy of the Letter that I sent to them dismissing my Former PoA, so she is aware of that, I shared with the Lawyer that I had received several emails from my Former PoA, informing me that she will send me all the information that I requested on Three different Dates including $5,000.00 on one Date and an additional $5,000.00 on another Date, I informed the Lawyer from the ARDC that I refused to accept anything because I had not agreed on anything, I was told that was my choice, the Lawyer from the ARDC, told me that my Former PoA had until February 25, 2010 to respond to there request and at this time they had not heard anything from her or received a response, the ARDC told me that if they don't here from her by February 25, 2010 they will send out another respond to her, and if she still doesn't repond they will have her Suppenoed, I was told by the Lawyer that they asked for my former PoA to send them a complete break down on how my Money was distributed, information regarding CD's, Trust, Bank Account, and detailed informtion regarding her fees. I was also told that if my former PoA respond, I would than be able to comment on the respond and I could come into the ARDC and they will help me with my respond, I was also told that when a Client files a Complaint against any Attorney such as the one I filed the Attorney usually obtain a Lawyer, Mr. Paul MJD, I would like to know the followong Please.
1. How Long does an Attorney have to respond to a Complaint made to the ARDC.
2. It was never explained to me by my Former PoA, what I'm suppose to do with the Medical Set-Aside, what am I suppose to do with the Medical Set-Aside. (The Attorney that will help me after the ARDC Investigation is over, is out of Town and he want be available until April 2010) and when my Former PoA turns everything over to me, I need to know what I'm suppose to do with the Medical Set-Aside.
3. What if my Former PoA turns everything over to the ARDC, but don't explain what happen to my Money and show where I signed aggreeing to pay her Fee's.
I spoke with the ARDC Today, I was informed that my former PoA had not yet responded to the ARDC, in which she my former PoA was suppose to do by February 25, 2010, the Lawyer from the ARDC told me that they had sent out another Letter to my former PoA and informed her that she had 7 Day's to respond or she will be Supeoned to do so, I was told by the Lawyer from the ARDC that if she failed to repond in 7 Day's and refuse to answer to the Supeona that further action will result, I informed the ARDC that I had to pay my Property Taxes and Homeowners insurance and I didn't know what to do, the Lawyer from the ARDC, informed me that just because I dismissed my former PoA, she still has my Money and that I should send her an Email and a Fax and a Text as well informing her to do a Wire Transfer, and the Lawyer from the ARDC told me to send them a copy of the Fax that I send to my former ARDC, and althought the ARDC doesn't give Legal advice I was told that I might want to concider hiring a Lawyer after their Investigation is over. I called an spoke with another Attorney from the Lawyer's office were I consulted with the Attorney whom is now out until April 2010 and was told the same thing that I have every right to continue to ask for my Money from my Former PoA, but not to at anytime meet with her, or agree to anything, but to continue to let the ARDC handle things and just continue being patient and make my Fax, and Email to my Former PoA very simple and to the Point. I would like to know the following Please.
1. Is it normal for an Attorney not to respond to the ARDC.
2. Mr. Paul MJD, is it O.K. for me to request funds from my former PoA, I was told by the ARDC and the other Attorney that I called that just because I terminated my former PoA, she still has my Funds and I should ask her for what I need, I'm worry now because she hasn't responded to the ARDC, that she may not respond to me now.
3. If my former PoA, doesn't send me Funds what should I do or what could I do.
4. I was told by the ARDC that the Investigation could take about another Month, I feel that if my former PoA, doesn't have anything to hide, she would have responded by now, I feel that my Former PoA is stalling time, to do fraudilent things, such as get Fony Statement such as the two contract's she said I signed to pay her Fee's or try to get togeather my Money that she could have already spent, because as I mention to you Mr.Paul MJD, I never received anything telling me about my Banking, Attorney Fee's, or how my Money have been spent, except what I received from my former PoA on February 1, 2010 and that was just some print out receipts for things that she purchased for me with her Credit Card, and figures that she wrote down on paper.
Mr. Paul MJD I hope I didn't make things worse by not aggreeing to meet with my Former PoA, it seems like that just mad her angry because I refused to except meeting with her and I filed a Complaint against her with the ARDC.
I just tried to send to my Former PoA, a Faxed letter requesting Funds to be done by Wire Transfer, but in the Letter I did not put that I was going to send a copy of the Letter to the ARDC as well, while I was faxing the Letter only the Cover Sheet of the Fax went throught and than I received a notice informing me that an Error accured, this is what happen when I tried to Fax to my Former PoA a letter dismissing her, I beleave my Former PoA just turns off her Fax Machine when she see's a fax coming in from me, there is nothing wrong with my fax Machine, the ARDC informed me that they sent to my Former PoA a copy of the letter that they received from me dismissing her, but it is not unusual for an Attorney to tell the ARDC that they did not receive a letter from them because they only send it by regular Mail. Should I send to her emails, voice mails, and text messages.What should I do now and what should I say in the email, often my Former PoA would have on her email reply "OUT OF OFFICE", so if she does have that on and I'm sure now she does, because she knows I'm trying to communicate with her what should I do to let her know I need a Wire Transfer done.
The ARDC just called me and told me that my Former PoA just called them and informed them that she had received there letter and asked if she could have until March 17, 2010 to send everything to them that they requested, the Lawyer from the ARDC told me that they gave the O.K. to my Former PoA to have everything sent ove to them by March 17, 2010, I was told by the ARDC that they asked for alot of things and that my Former PoA informed the ARDC that she has my Money plus she's going to give me an additional $5,000.00, I was told by the ARDC that she's no longer my PoA, and if and when she does return my Money to me, doesn't mean that I have to accept the amount that she returns to me as the correct amount and that they will not except anything response from my former PoA until they go throught everything step by step and I have a right to disagree, and asks for reasonings to my former PoA Fee's regardless if I did sign an Attorney and Client agreement.
Mr. Paul MJD, I also spoke again with the other Lawyer whom told me to still request money from my Former PoA and if she sends me a check if I don't agree with the amount it's my right to disagree, because the ARDC will check everything the other Lawyer also told me that an Attorney Fee of $18,000.00 for two year's is very very expensive and that my former PoA will have to show reasonable reason's to how and why she charged me that amount of money just to be my PoA and that every Month I should have received an detailed invoice as to how my money was being spent, and that would be my Main Argument as to why I refuse to pay my former PoA any amount of money because I was never aware of anything, and she would have to prove that I was aware of her charging me $18,000.00 before February 1, 2010 by proof of Certified, or Signature requested Letter's and Invoices being sent to me every Month for two year's and if I had was never aware of my former PoA charging me that amount of money for two Year's that alone would look the same way to the ARDC, as well as all the emails I received from my Former PoA, telling me about cleaning her house, the other Lawyer told me to just request my Money that I need to pay my bills and if she sends me any more money just to deposit it into my account before 30 day's but try not to spend anything and do not aggree with my former PoA, I informed the other Lawyer that things my former PoA had charged me for she had never even completed it, I have just a Month ago, spending only not even 15 minutes on the Phone to take care of each issue, the other Lawyer told me that would be proof of the outrageous Attorney fee's, and the reason my former PoA decided to give the ARDC a call is because the first page of my fax went through.
Mr. Paul MJD, in my email that I'm going to send to my former PoA is it o.k. to just request the amount of money I need to be sent to my account or should I tell my former PoA that I'm not excepting any other money other than what I'm requesting.
Mr. Paul MJD, I just sent to my former PoA an email requesting a Wirer Transfer, I received back an OUT OF OFFICE REPLY as usual, I also put in the email that I was going to forward the email to the ARDC as well as send the Letter requesting funds from my former PoA to the ARDC by fax., I sent the same email to the other Attorney that works for my Former PoA, should I send another email requesting that she turns over to me all my money, and let my former PoA know that this does not mean that I'm excepting or aggreeing to her reasoning.
Mr. Paul MJD, I received on February 5, 2010 an email from the other Attorney informing me that my Former PoA was going to be sending to me the rest of my money and other things as it relates to me plus an additional $5,000.00 by February 11,2010 other papers as it relates to me by February 18,2010 and the remaining of paper work as it relates to me plus an additional $5,000.00 by March 4, 2010. Today when I spoke with the ARDC the second time I was told that my former PoA called them and requested until March 17, 2010 to respond to the ARDC and the Attorney from the ARDC told me that my former PoA informed them that she had my Money plus an additional $5,000.00 but the email I received on February 5, 2010 states an additional $5,000.00 twice, this is why I feel that my former PoA is stalling time to cover up her wrong doing, to try and justify how she spent my money.
Mr. Paul MJD, doesn't that seem strange that she would need that much time to have available Banking Statement, Contract's that she said I signed agreeing to pay Attorney Fee's, information detailing how she charged me $18,000.00 do you think the ARDC see's that there is something strange about all this, shouldn't an PoA have all these things available, wouldn't this prove to the ARDC the communication between my former PoA and I that these are the things that I asked her for and never received.
Could you Please respond to the request that latest request that I sent to you Tues March 2, 2010 at 4:34 P.M EST
Mr. Paul MJD, I also tried to send the fax to the ARDC they had already closed for the Day, so the Fax didn't go throught I will try again tomorrow, I will send to my Former PoA an the other Attorney that works for her another email requesting that she send to me the remaining of my funds and I will let both of them know that I am not in any way agreeing to any other money that she wishes to turn over to me. Mr. Paul MJD, I would like to know the following.
1. Could I use her contridition from the email that I received in February were it was stated to me the return of all my Items that she has in her care on Three different Dates and the remaining of my Funds and Two additional Checks for $5,000.00 a peace, with what my former PoA told the ARDC today that she has all my money plus an additional $5,000.00, could I use that to say she contridited herself.
2. Could I also use her the fact that she has nothing ready for the ARDC and she had to ask for additional time to get everything ready to send them as to show this is what I had to deal with, and this is why I never received anything that I requested, could my former PoA actions show that she did not communicate with me, I was not aware of things because she didn't have things ready. Could this be reasoning to also show why I shouldn't have to pay her $18,000.00.
3. I was also told by the other Attorney that I spoke with today that I need to contact The State Department Labor Board, to inform them that my former PoA had me working for her in exchange for Attorney Fee's, and that I need to get togeather everything for the ARDC to respond to them and after the investigation. Mr. Paul MJD is this something I should do.
Mr. Paul MJD, I just sent an email to the other Attoney requesting that my former PoA and him send to me everything as it relates to me, I informed them both in my email that I am not in any way agreeing to anything, Mr. Paul MJD I will contact the Department of Labor Board tomorrow and I will keep you informed of everything.
Mr. Paul MJD, Thank You so much.
I have some serious concerns about my former PoA, the other Lawyer is unavailable and want be available for a while, the Parallegal of the firm did take down my information. On March 2, 2010 I sent an Email to my former PoA and the other Attorney that's employed by her, I requested a Wire Transfer to be done immediately by March 3, 2010 and I requested that my former PoA turn over to me immediately everything that she has in her care as it relates to me by March 5th 2010. The ARDC was aware of this request, I spoke with the Attorney from the ARDC on March 2th 2010 whom ask that I send the email to her, I didn't want to do that so I mailed the email to her by regular Mail, on March 3rd 2010, I called the Attorney at ARDC today March 9th 2010 and asked her had she received my Letter and was told No but it may come tomorrow, the Attorney from the ARDC asked me if my former PoA had sent to me anything and I informed her that I did receive the Wire Transfer but nothing else had came to me, I shared with the ARDC Attorney that this is why I was so concern that my former PoA asked for a March 17th 2010 date to get everything to the ARDC to just by her self sometime, I informed the ARDC Attorney of the email that I received from my former PoA and the other Attorney telling me that they were going to send to me the rest of my money that's left in my account, with an additional $5,000.00 and paper work showing all disbursements made by UPS on February 11, 2010 and other paper work as it relates to me by Feburary 18, 2010 and other paper work as it relates to me and an additional $5,000.00 by March 4th 2010 I sent them an email back informing them that I would not be available for any diliveries on those dates, so on March 2, 2010 when I sent an email requesting a wire transfer I asked that everything be sent to me by March 5th 2010 and I havent received anything, Mr. Paul MJD, it seems very strange to me that they were going to have everything ready for me by March 4th,2010 but they asked for an extention from the ARDC for March 17, 2010. I would like to know the following Please.
1. Today I asked the ARDC Attorney does the Attorney being investigated have to show original paper work or copies, I was told that the Attorney being investigated usually show copies, but I could recommened the originals in my respond, should I do that Mr. Paul MJD.
2. Mr. Paul MJD, how could I show my former PoA inconsistancy in the way she's acting by taking so long to respond to the ARDC by her asking the ARDC for an extention on her responds.
3. Mr. Paul MJD, how could I show to the ARDC that this is what I had to go through with my former PoA, when I repeatly asked to meet with her to go over my finaces, and when she finally meet with me on February 1, 2010 she had nothing available for me that I requested which is the samething that the ARDC has requested and she needed an extentions, could I use that as a reason why I should not have to pay her $18,000.00.
4. Mr. Paul MJD, this is why I didnt want to except any deliveries from my former PoA, it seems like this was a set up, could I use that in my defense of how unconsistant my former PoA is.
5. I contacted the Labor Department and I spoke with a Surpervisor, whom instructed me to wait until the ARDC Investigation is over, before I file a complaint with them, because I need to see what my former PoA response is going to be, and I was told by the Surpervisor that no type of Employement paperwork was filed by anyone claiming that I was Employed by them and if I can prove that I worked for my former PoA in exchange for Attorney Fee's and she refuse to keep that verbal contract between her and I an not charge me Attorney Fees than there no sense in filing a complaint, but if she my former PoA charges me Attorney fee's than I should file a complaint with the Deparment of Fair Labor and other Institutions as well and concider seeking the help of an Attorney. What do you think about this.
6. Mr. Paul MJD, is any of what my former PoA is doing legal, not sending me everything that I requested, I'm afraid that she's going to do something crooked by Forging my Signatures on things and just add up anything for Attorney Fee's to show that she did $18,000.00 worth of work, how would I dispute any of that.
I sent an email to my former PoA and the other Attorney that's employed by her, I asked in the email that I sent on March 9th 2010 to send to me the orginals of everything as it relates to me by March 12, 2010, I received a email response back from the other Attorney telling me that I refused the Three Dates that they were going to have everything sent to me, and that my former PoA have until March 17, 2010 to respond to the ARDC and she will than send to the ARDC duplicate copies of everything. I responded back by email informing both the other Attorney and my former PoA, that the Three Day's they wanted to send everything to me I was not going to be available to receive any deliveries, and that I was not agreeing to any amount of Money that they choose to send to me, I also told them both that what there sending to the ARDC, is no excuse to not send me what I have requested, I let them know that an Attorney should have the Originals and Copies of there clients file ready and within reach and it should not take this long for them to reponse to the ARDC if they didn't have anything to hide, and I ask that they send to the orginals as it relates to me by March 17, 2010. Mr. Paul MJD, my former PoA, refused to let me negotiate my issue with my Student Loan, I'm very competent and capable to handle my own affairs, on many occassions I requested money to pay for my Student Loan so that I could return to School, my former PoA decided that she wanted to handle it, by having my Doctors fill out forms to say that I'm not able to return to Work, to do gainful Work, Mr. Paul MJD everytime I would ask my former PoA about my Student Loan status she would avoid telling me the truth of what she was doing, only that she was spending a great deal of time trying to get the Student Loan dismissed, which is what I did not want to do, because doing that mean that I would not qualifie for any type of Finacial Assistance for School, Mr. Paul MJD, I have gotten my Student Loan out of Default on my own, I spoke with a Representative on Febuary 3rd 2010, on February 5th 2010 the Representative called me and I gave to him Three Reference, on February 11th 2010 I received an application in the mail and a Representative helped me fill out the paper work, on March 15, 2010 I received a letter in the Mail from the Student Loan Congradulating me on my Student Loan being out of default and informing me that I qualifie for Finacial Assistantance for School under Title IV, Mr. Paul MJD, each phone conversation took less than 15 Minutes, my former PoA, has been claiming that she was working on my Student Loan since August 2009, when I would request to meet with my former PoA, I would also request to just pay off my Student Loan, because I had Money to do so, at least I thought I did until I meet with my former PoA on February 1, 2010, my former PoA did not want me to return to School, Mr. Paul MJD, I would like to know the following Please.
1. My former PoA told me on February 1, 2010 that the $18,000.00 she charged me included time she spent taking care of my Student Loan, Mr. Paul MJD my former PoA told me that it was taking so long for her to work on the issue because she kept getting distracted by other issues with her Employees, and Family matters, Mr. Paul MJD, since I took care of the matter with my Student Loan, by myself, in a very short time, could I use that as my Defense in one of my reasons why I shouldn't have to pay my Former PoA $18,000.00.
2. My former PoA and the other Attorney will not send to me everything as it relates to me, I have requested by email again on March 15, 2010 today that they send to me everything and I received another email informing me that they will send duplicates to the ARDC by March 17, 2010 is this legal for them to do this, and what can I do to get them to send to me the orginals of everything.
I sent them an email Today requesting that the originals of everything be sent to me by March 17, 2010, I informed them that I'm aware of the deadline that they have to respond to the ARDC which is also March 17, 2010 and that I do not want duplicates of everything that they are sending to the ARDC by March 17, 2010, I told them in the email that if they are sending to the ARDC duplicates of everything by March 17, 2010 that I want to receive by delivery the Originals of everything that they have in there care as it relates to me by March 17, 2010 and that there should not be any excuses because they had more than enought time plus additional time given to them by the ARDC, I will send them another email informing them that there failure to do so is a Breach of the contract for them to provide a service to me, and that will be one of the Many reasons that I will refuse to pay any Attorney fee's, Mr. Paul MJD, regarding the Student Loan could I use that as another reason for not having to pay her Attorney fee's since I handled the Student Loan issue myself, when my Former Attorney claims she had been working on my Student Loan issue since August 2009, throught February 2010, and I solved the issue myself just with the last two Months, my former PoA added the amount of time she claimes she spent taking care of the Student Loan as part of her $18,000.00 Attorney Fee to me.
I have sent to my former PoA, an email on March 2, 2010 requesting that they send to me the originals of everything by March 5th, 2010, I did not receive anything, I sent an email on March 7, 2010 requesting that everything be sent to me by March 12, 2010, I sent an email on March 15th 2010 requesting that everything be sent to me by March 17, 2010, the only response I received back was on March 15th, 2010 was from the other Attorney telling me that I refused the delivery Date, and I did not I inform them that the Dates they wanted to send things were Three different Dates, and I would not be available to receive any deliveries those Dates, and that I was not excepting anything or aggreeing to any amounts, I never said do not send me anything, in there first email to me after Feburary 1, 2010 meeting, they sent to me an email telling me that they were going to send to me the remaiining of my Money that I had left, (I do not agree with that amount of Money), with disbursements as to how the Money was spent, and everything else would be delivered to me on Two other Dates, Yesterday I spoke with the Lawyer from the ARDC, and was told that on March 17, 2010 was the deadline for my PoA to response to the ARDC, and at that time they had still not received anything from her but on March 18, 2010 they would be filing a Supeona against my former PoA, I was also told by the Attorney from the ARDC, that she had made it aware to the Senior Counselor Attorney from the ARDC that my former PoA, was not responding to me with my repeated request asking them to send to me my Property and Finaces, I was told that there is noting that they could do at this point until the Morning of March 18, 2010 because they had been looking for my former PoA delivery, and that there is nothing more that I myself could do, I was told that if they do receive something from her they will contact me and I can come into the ARDC offfice and they will go over everything with me and I can dispute whatever I don't agree with, but I was told that they don't feel she's going to cooperate and that when things could become more difficult, I have called to speak with the Attorney I meet in the beginning whom said that after the ARDC investigation is over he would help me, but he's unavailable until the end of April 2010, and the other Attorney was out of the office when I called, Mr. Paul MJD I would like to know the following.
1. Could I file a Police Complaint against my former PoA, because she's holding my property and I have dismissed her on February 2, 2010 and I have made several request asking for the return of my property, isn't that stealing to hold someone's property.
2. Could I contact the State's Prostecuiter myself to bring Criminal charges against my former PoA, for what's she's doing, is this legal for a former PoA to withold a Clients property.
3. Because I would agree to the amount of money my former PoA stated that I have left and I wouldn't agree to accepting Two $5, 000.00 Checks, and I filed a complaint against my former PoA, there angry and this is there way of punishing me, by refusing to send my property, could I put a lean on my former PoA Estate.
4. I'm requesting the Orginals of everything and this is another reason why they want send to me everything, because they told me they were sending duplicates of everyting to the ARDC, that has nothing to do with what I'm requesting and that's the originals, I figures that my former PoA could and would do anything with duplicates like make changes and just copie what she want the ARDC to see, and that's why I'm requesting the orginals, Mr. Paul MJD, what could I do if my former PoA doesn't send me the orginals.
5. Mr. Paul MJD, how could I get the Police involved now, isn't what my former PoA doing Criminal, to me this is theft, could I call the Police to my house and file a Police report and have my former PoA arrested for Theft.
If my former PoA, didn't respond to the ARDC by the deadline which was March 17, 2010 and the ARDC had to do a Supeuna on March 18, 2010 and my former PoA still doesn't cooperate, if I need Money I have to contact her, if she want repond to my other request, what will I do if she doesn't repsond to me and seen me Money, and if my former PoA does seen me Money and not all my other request, can my former PoA charge me any Attorney Fee's for doing any Money Transaction for wire Transfer over to my Bank Account althought I dismissed her on February 1, 2010. I will wait until the ARDC investigation is done and by that time the other Lawyer should be available to help me than and I'm sure he would go after my former PoA for any Criminal Charges, but in the mean time, since my former PoA want send me my request, does she still have to seen me money if I request Money, and if so can she charge me.
Monday March 22, 2010 I spoke with the Attorney from the ARDC, I wanted to know the status of the investigation, I was told that my former PoA called the ARDC to let them know that on March 22, 2010 she would have someone personally bring in everything that the ARDC requested, I also informed the ARDC that my former PoA had not delivered to me the Originals of everything that belong to me as it relates to me, and that I need Money, I informed the ARDC that I had sent my former PoA and the other Attorney that's Employed by her an email requesting that a Wire Transfer be made by early A.M. the next Day March 23, 2010 the Wire Transfer was done, my former PoA and the other Attorney did not respond to me regarding my belongings that they are witholding, the Attorney from the ARDC told me that she has made the Senior Counselor aware that I have made repeated request asking for my Property from my former PoA and they will not deliver them to me, and that I have to keep asking my former PoA for Money.
Mr. Paul MJD, my former PoA has done nothing but stalled time, she has been given to much time to respond to the ARDC, and she has done nothing but ignored me as if I don't exist, I have been very Patient, but my Patient's has run out, Mr. Paul MJD, if I don't receive my property today from my PoA, I would like to know the following Please.
1. Would it be concidered a Treat if I send an email to my former PoA an email informing her that if I don't receive my Property today March 24, 2010 that I will file a Police report against her for theft, I should not have to keep asking her for my own Money she's not my PoA anymore, and Yesterday the Mail Man brought the letter that I sent to my former PoA dismissing her on Feburary 2, 2010 back to me, because my former PoA never picked the mail up from the Post Office, I feel like she's on some B, and I'm really tired of it all, so is it illegal for me to send and email to my former PoA letting her know that I'm going to file a Police report against her for theft.
2. I'm aware of the investigation but I'm concern that my former PoA is just blowing smoke to the ARDC, she was suppose to respond to the ARDC by February 25, 2010, she asked for an extention for March 17, 2010 she still didn't respond and now she asked if she could have someone bring the information to the ARDC by March 22, 2010 and I don't feel like she should keep being allowed time to repond, I don't understand how hard it is to send to the ARDC what there requesting. and I feel that if I don't do something time will just keep going pass and I want receive my Property, what should I do at this point Mr. Paul MJD.
3. Shouldn't the ARDC have supeoned my former PoA and not allowed her this much time, or could it be that the ARDC feels that my former PoA is trying to cover up something and I don't want to make my move to soon, I just feel like I'm begging for my own Property and my own Money.
The other Attorney that I have been speaking with that's partner's with the other Attorney that I meet with called me back I informed him that I'm worried about my Money and other property because my PoA had not sent to me anything except for wire transfer that I have requested, I informed the Attorney that the Attorney from the ARDC had told me that my former PoA told them that she would have someone personally deliver the requested information to them on March 22, 2010, the Attorney I spoke with told me that everything that my former PoA is doing shows the ARDC that she is stalling to cover up her wrong doing, and for me to try and not worry because the ARDC will work with me they won't allow my former PoA to keep $18,000.00 in Attorney Fee's or the $12,000.00 gift my former PoA claims that I agreed to give to her, I was also told by the other Attorney that they will meet with me when the ARDC investigation is over and take my former PoA to court but they want know exactly what there dealing with until after the ARDC investigation is over, I informed the Attorney that I sent an email to my former PoA informing her that if I do not receive my property by Today that I will file a Police report against her, I inform the Attorney that I did not treaten her that I was making another repeated request, I was told by the Attorney that maybe now she would respond to me, but not to file a Police Report because the Police want do anything as long as there is an investigation going on, I informed the Attorney that I called 311 Non-Emergency and was told by an Officer that to let the ARDC handle the Investigation and the Attorney aggreed, I was told by the Attorney that if my former PoA have mishandled my Money in anyway other than for my use that the ARDC have a Client Assitant Program to help me get my Money back and as far as the $18,000.00 Attorney Fee's there is no way possible that the ARDC will allow my former PoA to keep that amount of money unless she can show reasonal due to why she charged me that amount of money I was told by the Attorney that amount of Attorney Fee's is usually charged to a Client that's facing some serious charges and that's over year's of time not just in a Two year period, regardless if I signed a contract or not, the fact that I never received any monthly statements and I was not aware of what was going on is enought for the ARDC to take all necessary actions against my former PoA, I was told by the Attorney that the ARDC may have to Supeona my former PoA because her time to reponse was up long time ago, the other Attorney asked me to not email my former PoA anymore unless I needed money, to just let the ARDC handle everything and when I meet with the ARDC to put togeather my response to inform the ARDC that I want to the orginals of everything and than my former PoA will have to turn over to my the orginals of everything and that the ARDC will insist that my former PoA do just that. Mr. Paul MJD, do you agree with that to just be patient and let the ARDC deal with my former PoA, and not to email her anymore only to request Money, and that I should ask for the orginals when I meet with the ARDC.
On March 5th I sent to email to my former PoA and her Assoicate requesting a Wire Transfer to be done by Early A.M. March 6, no Wire Transfer was done, on March 6, I sent two more emails, I sent Two Text Messages and left a voice message requesting that a Wire Transfer be done by Early A.M. March 8th, no Wire Transfer has been done at all, at 1:00 today March 8th I sent multiple Emails requesting that a Wire Transfer be done Today before cut off time, and no later than Early A.M. by March 9th. I was told by the ARDC Attorney to call Tomorrow March 9th, and they will let me know if my former PoA has responded to them, and if she hasn't there going to move forward with the Supeona, and on Monday March 12th I will be going to the ARDC to file a Complaint against the other Attorney whom is my former PoA Associate. I registered for School on March 5th and I start July 12, I need Money to make purchase for School so that I would be prepared, Mr. Paul MJD I would like to know the following.
1. How would I go about getting my Money from my former PoA, neither her or her Assoicate is responding, before if I needed something I would send an email and they would do a Wire Transfer, althought they still haven't sent everything by delivery to me. Is this legal what my former PoA is doing.
2. I'm concerned about my House my Father Quick Claim Deeded it to me, my former PoA told me that she put it into a Trust, but she tried to get me to seal it back in July 2009 and I told her I didn't want to, because my former PoA is not cooperating with the ARDC or me, I would like to know, since she was my PoA did that give her any legal rights to take my Home from me, and put in her Name, did she have any power to reverse the Quick Claim Deed.
3. The other Attorney's that's going to help me want be back until late April, so what other steps could I take to get my Money, isn't the behavior of my former PoA Criminal.
4. Being that my Father Quic Claim Deeded the House to me, do I still own my Home, even if my former PoA has done something she wasn't suppose to do.
My PoA contract does say that my former PoA could sale my house if needed, but only if it had to be sold, Today while I was at Home, and without any knowledge from my former PoA or the other Associate, someone came to my Home and requested me, the Gentlemen did not show me any I.D. with his Picture on it, he was older and smelt of Alcohol, he told me he was from the law firm over there, his exact words and he had a delivery from me and he needed me to sign for it, the paper that he showed me, did have a phone number on it but it was smeared, I informed the Gentlemen that I needed to see what was in the box before I sign for it, there was my black Jacket that I left at my former PoA Home, an open folder and a letter on top, informing me about a Claimed filed against the Chicago Police Department, which I had no Idea had been done, in Feburary 2010, when I meet with my former PoA I informer her and her Associate that I was not doing anything with that, nor did I give any of them premission to do anything, nor did I have any knowledge that I was being charged for having a PoA, and I had not and had no plans on signing anything, the letter told me that other things had been sent to the ARDC (Duplicate Copies of what they requested) inside the box was a enveloped that was sealed but I had know idea what was in the envelope the Gentlemen was very Loud and kept telling me to just sign for it, I informed him that I was going to call the firm to see what was in the envelope, no one answered the phone, I left a message informing them that I had know idea that anyone was coming to my home, nor did I have any idea about any Police matter and that I was not going to sign for anything. The Gentlemen left. I called to check my Banking Account, and there was a large amount of Money transfered to my account, in the amount of $58,363.42, I checked my account online as well and my former PoA did a wire transfer, I called the ARDC and was told that they received information from my former PoA today, but had know idea if she had sent to them everything, but there going to send everything to me with a letter, and I can come in and speak with them and they would help me with my response, I informed the ARDC of the large amount of money they my former PoA wired to my account, I was told that because I have a Medical Set Aside, and that my former PoA, if she did send that alone with the remaining of my Money she should not have, I told the ARDC that my Medical Set Asside was $50,000.00, I was told to just only spend what I needed to add to my Bills and not do anything else, because there not sure if that $58, 363.42 is the remaing of my settlement, plus the $18,000.00 in Attorney Fee's and the $12,000.00 that's missing or if its the $50,000.00 Set Asside and $8,363.42 is the remaining of my settlement, but nothing is final until they the ARDC and I go over everything, but I was told that my former PoA should not have and was not suppose to touch my Medical Set Asside money, because that was suppose to and is suppose to be in a seperate account, because I have to report how that money is being spent to the Medical Set Asside insurance, the Attorney from the ARDC told me that my former PoA should have sent a Letter detailing to me what I was signing for, and if they charged me to file a Police suit against the Chicago Police, they will not allow my former PoA the right to do that, because they have knowledge that I disaggreed with that throught my emails to my former PoA and emails from my former PoA assistant, and they will have to prove that I aggreed, but I was told either way they the ARDC is going to go throught everything with a fine tooth comb, and than I can request that the rest of my belongings be sent to me. I called to speak with the other Attorney, but was told again that he's not available but that I should keep dates, and records of everything. Mr. Paul MJD, I would like to know the following Please.
1. The large amount of money that my former PoA had transfer to my Account, if it included my Medical Set Asside, was that legal for her to do that, and how would I know which bank that money came from, I never saw what bank any of my money was, and my Medical Set Asside money has never been used for any medical bills.
2. Would it be best to wait until I receive everthing from the ARDC than request my other property from my former PoA.
3. The letter that was attached to my delivery mention about a Police suit being filed, althought I did not sign a contract aggreeing to do so, and I informed both my former PoA and her Associate that I did not want to do anything, if my former PoA has charged me for that will I have to pay Attorney Fee's.
4. Now that my former PoA has finally responded to the ARDC, and she has sent money to my account, without my knowledge, does that mean that I'm agreeing to that amount.
5. If the large amount of money that was transfered to my account includes my Medical Set Asside, am I allowed to transfer that money to a seperate account, and am I suppose to contact the Insurance Company that has knowdledge about the Medical Set Asside to inform them of what took place and let them know. This was my personal bank account.
Hello Mr.Paul MJD,
I checked my online account, there was two sererate transfers done, one of the transfer is the &50,000.00 of the Medical Set Aside money and the $8,363.42 is said to be the remaining of my funds which is not true, there still $12,000,00 that's my former PoA said I agreed to give her as a one time gift, and $18,000.00 in Attorney Fee's.
1. What will my former PoA have to do to prove that I agreed to give her $12,000.00 as a one time gift.
2. As for the $18,000.00 in Attorney Fee's can I just dispute pay my former PoA totally, and if the ARDC should agree with me that I don't have to pay the Attorney fee's and agree with me that I my former PoA can't keep the $12,000.00 how long does my former PoA have to return the Money.
Hello Mr. Paul MJD, I would like to know the following Please.
1. Regarding the Engagement Letter for the Worker's Compensation settlement that also includes the final accounting of my estate, is it reasonable for me to just state all the facts, and inaccuracies in the Engagement letter or should I state what she did do for me relating to the Worker's Compensation and the closing of my Estate, I just want to know if it is even a point to me stating anything that she did if the engagement letter is so inaccurate, the ARDC responded to me with a letter to state all inaccuratcies, to provide additional information or documents, this is why I want to know, because would I be agreeing that she did the work, and she did do somethings but the Engagement letter dates are after the closing of my Estate so how would I have know that she was charging me or what a fee would be for her to do anything.
2. The Engagement letter regarding the Car Loan, as I mention to you I never saw the engagement letter because I was not able to open up the attachement of the engaement letter, I sent the attorney's an email the first time and stated that there was no engagement letter when I received an email there was no paper clip attached to the email, they sent me another email informing me that they sent the Engagement letter again, I tried to open the attached Engagement Letter and was not able to I called Comcast and informed them that I was having and internet problem, they did a service check over the phone and told me that my Comcast service was running fine, I sent an email to the attorney and told them that I had a problem with my Laptop, so I never saw the Engagement Letter and the email that the attorney sent to me say's to sign it, and thats one of the inaccuracies, alone with my signature is not on it, quite some time went by before I heard anything from the Attorney's and that was when I was told that the Car Loan would settle for $5,000.00 and I agreed only to settle for the amount, I had know idea about any court time spent, communication between the Car Loan and the Attorney's, nor did or have I ever received a statement from the Attorney's informing me about Attorney fees for anything that they ever did for me, or anything telling me how my Money was being spent.
Can I just put the inaccuracies of both the Engagement letter rather than giving reasons or explanation to everything that she claims she did.
Hello Mr. Paul MJD, I just want to be clear as to my question to you so that I'm doing the right thing.
The answer to my question from you is No.
1. So I should include in my responds to the ARDC everything that my former PoA did, regarding the Worker's Compensation from her involvement to the end of the settlement Yes or No.
2. So I should include in my responds to the ARDC everything that my former PoA did for me regarding the Car Loan, which was I was just told that the Car Loan agreed to a $5,000.00 and I agreed Yes or No.
3. Than I should I explain the inaccuracies in both the Engagement letters Yes or No.
4. When I inform the ARDC what my former PoA did relavent to question 1 and 2 want I be agreeing to the Attorney Fee's Yes or No.
5. As I go throught each of my former PoA claims of what she did to charge $18,000.00 and I explain what she did will I be agreeing to the Attorney Fee's, Yes or No.
I just want to do everything right, because I'll be done April 28, 2010.
Mr. Paul MJD, o.k. I have a better understanding now, also when my former PoA responded to the ARDC, in the information that she sent included information regarding a 1 time gift, she had it attached to the last PoA contract that I signed July 5, 2010 but not inside the contract as if she's was trying to say to the ARDC that I agreed, I never even heard of such a thing until my former PoA mentioned to me that the law allows a person to give a 1 time gift a year of $12,000.00 I and my former PoA never sat down face to face to discuss anything of a such I never signed anything agreeing to do such, and that portion was not included in the copy of the PoA contract that I received finally on February 1, 2010. How will I prove that, in the PoA contract it speaks of the PoA can make charitable contrabutions. can I ask that she shows where she made the contrabution to like a paper trail, the PoA contract does not say that a PoA has the right to take the clients money for themselves, doesnt the client have to have knowledge awareness and sign for something like that.
Also, in my former PoA responds to the ARDC, she has a accounting she of disbursements made to me and bills of items that were paid, but on her bank account none of the wire transfers match what's on my bank accounting sheets, when I took it to the Bank to open up an account for my Medical Set Aside the Bank representative told me that there was no way that I would be able to trace and online wire transfer that way, could I just put that in my respond.
My former PoA Attorney Fee's doesnt say specifically what she did, the morjority of what she say is that she paid the staff with part of the attorney fee's, and allot of the other attorney fees she has as Miscellanous, can I request that she show a paper trail of what each staff did, paper work done, phone calls made, by phone records, pay checks for each staff earnings from my Estate.
My former PoA included my Finaces in her personal Bank account can she do that.
On my former PoA IOLA it doesn't have a Location to a Business Address, it just looks as if she just put down figures, I just found out what and IOLA was by the Bank Representative.
I will be getting the other 3 files on Monday and I'm done.
I really appreciate your Patients in helping me with everything.
I wanted to give you and up date, and there a few new things that's taking place.
The Attorney that's going to help me wants to meet with me April 11, 2010 his Paralegal called me at home and asked would I be available that day because the Attorney want be back in Town until April 9th, 2010. The ARDC I was only going to go into the office to explain my reply and give it to them, the ARDC and I decussed that on a while ago. The Attorney fromthe ARDC that I have been speaking with called me today and told me the Senior Counsel Attorney (ARDC) wants to meet with me on April 7th 2010. Mr. Paul MJD I would like to know the following.
1. Is this typical of the ARDC to meet with the Client.
2. I have adddressed the issue regarding my former PoA, using drugs and wanting me to get Psych Medication, and Inhailers for her with my Medical Card, I have the emails from her to prove it. Did I do the right thing by telling this, I tried to avoid doing this but my former PoA would alway's tell me that I should'nt have a problem doing this becauise she's not charging me to be my PoA, she also told me that her Grand Son's mother was getting her inhailer's for her off of her Medical Card, but she stop doing it, this was the same thing that she told me when I was cleaning her house, that I shouldnt have a problem doing it because she's not charging me. Did I do the right thing by adddressing this issue. I stopped going any where around my PoA, because this is a crime.
3. My former PoA, has forms relating to my house being in a Trust, nothing is signed by me or her, there's no Month or Day on it, just the year 08, there's no withness signature and I have never seen this contract. I went to the Cook County Recorder of Deeds and I was shown that there is nothing there other than the Quic Claim Deed that my Father did in December 1998 when my Father Quic Claim Deeded to me from him. My former PoA claims that my House was in a Trust called the Betty Trust, and as I stated above nothing was signed, noterized, dated, or filed, she submitted to the ARDC with her response blank statements. So does this mean that she never put my house into a Trust and is the Quic Claim Deed in Trust a legal bond if it's not filled out properly.
4. I have retained all the Court Files except for the Worker's Compensation file and I had allot of papers from each file Certified, to show that the one's my former PoA submitted to the ARDC are not the same.
5. My former PoA, claims that she only signed the papers on February 1, 2010 when her and I meet because I told her too do so, and I was upset as usual and that's typical of a Brain Injury Person, she's try to defend herself by saying that my behavior is abnormal, can she win her argument by using the fact that I have a brain Injury. I have taken care of my Student Loan by myself, when she claimed that she was working on it for over a Year.
6. Mr. Paul MJD, do you have any advice for me regarding the above, can I tell the ARDC that I am willing to take a Lie detective test is asked. Can I submit an Alfadavit with my response.
What about question 3, regarding the Quic Claim deed, was it done correctly since it was not signed by anyone and has no day, or month and was not noterized, or filed with the courts or something.
This is a good thing for me than, it is the way in which my father did it when he quit claim deeded it December 1998, I had asked that question because my former poa claims that she put my house into a trust, my dad did sign the claim when he quit claim deed to me so that valid right, because i was told by an employee at the cook county recorder of dees that nothing has been done since December 1998 which is the way my dad did it, the forms my former poa submitted to the ardc, theres no date, month, signature or notary on the papers she submitted, but my former poa is claiming that this is part of her Eighteen Thousand Dollar Fee's. so this means that she never put my house into a Trust.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).