lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
15417118

Im having difficulty finding out what the Issue is in the

I'm having difficulty finding out what the Issue is in the Hart v. Massanari case. I have to brief the case for a class and I'm having difficulty. Please help :)
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Here is an article on researching case law that may help you.

http://www.slaw.neu.edu/library/Caselaw.LSSC.2006.ppt

And here is an article that explains the case

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-25873806_ITM

a three-judge panel of the Ninth Circuit upheld the constitutionality of no-citation rules. In Hart v. Massanari, (11) Circuit Judge Alex Kozinski maintained that Article III does not require federal courts to treat all of their decisions as binding precedent. (12) Under his analysis, the extent to which a circuit opinion must be followed in future cases within that circuit is a matter of judicial policy, and may be determined with regard to such needs as judicial economy and the prevention of premature adjudication. (13) As both a constitutional and a practical matter, then, the status of unpublished decisions and related no-citation rules has serious implications for the judicial branch, which crafted these policies in an effort to manage burgeoning caseloads in the federal courts of appeals.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So what would the issue for Hart v. Massanari be?
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
If you take the time to read the above links I am sure you can figure it out. However I will opt out in case someone else wants to add anything.