How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in New York State. My ex and I have two boys (the youngest)

Resolved Question:

I am in New York State. My ex and I have two boys (the youngest) lives with him the other with me. We live about 5 minutes from one another. Neither one of us pays child support because we both decided to care for the child in our homes and we make around the same amount of money. In Nov. 2008 my ex husband took me to court for child support for our youngest son because he told the judge the 19 year old that lives with me recently moved out of my home. not true. The judge told him he cannot get child support we have an agreement for the last five years to care for the child in our homes.You cannot now come back and try and change the rules. She said there was no arrangement or stipulation noted for when one of the children move our or age out by law. no support was issued.The oldest has joined the miltary and my ex is taking me back to court for child support citing change of circumstances& emancipation. He will return to my home in July b4 deployment. Isnt this ruled on already?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.

Yes it is and the ruling is the agreement as it stands will be honored.

MShore and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions