MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I am in New York State. My ex and I have two boys (the youngest)

I am in New York State. My ex and I have two boys (the youngest) lives with him the other with me. We live about 5 minutes from one another. Neither one of us pays child support because we both decided to care for the child in our homes and we make around the same amount of money. In Nov. 2008 my ex husband took me to court for child support for our youngest son because he told the judge the 19 year old that lives with me recently moved out of my home. not true. The judge told him he cannot get child support we have an agreement for the last five years to care for the child in our homes.You cannot now come back and try and change the rules. She said there was no arrangement or stipulation noted for when one of the children move our or age out by law. no support was issued.The oldest has joined the miltary and my ex is taking me back to court for child support citing change of circumstances& emancipation. He will return to my home in July b4 deployment. Isnt this ruled on already?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.

Yes it is and the ruling is the agreement as it stands will be honored.