MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

What do you do when you have had to call the city police on

Customer Question

What do you do when you have had to call the city police on someone and the city police tells the person to stay away from you, don't have enough to get a restraning order, and then 6 months later they follow you around walmart she comes home to you and starts running her mouth and stand in front of you so you can't move, I called the police again but they said there's nothing they can do. This person drives past my house all the time, and I have two younger children in the home and need to know how to protect them and myself?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.

You have a right to protect yourself and your children. Should the woman present a danager or threat to yourself or your children, you may utilize whatever reasaonable force is necessary to quiet the threat. If she trespasses upon your property, you should call the police and ask them to come remove her, if they decline you can utlize reasonable force to remove her. For example, if you were to turn your hose on her you would be within your rights.