legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas
4622441

I HAVE A 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND A 10 YEAR OLD SON IN LOUISIANA.

Customer Question

I HAVE A 13 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND A 10 YEAR OLD SON IN LOUISIANA. I MOVED TO TEXAS AND WOULD LIKE HER TO LET ME HAVE THE KIDS TO COME VISIT ME FOR A COUPLE WEEKS IN THE SUMMER. SHE SAID THAT SHE DOESNT WANT ME TO HAVE THEM . WE HAVE JOING CUSTODY AND I GET TO HAVE THEM EVERY OTHER WEEKEND. BUT WITH THE DISTANCE (12 HOURS DRIVE) THAT'S IMOPSOBLE. IS THERE SOMETHING THAT I CAN DO?
Expert:  legaleagle replied 7 years ago.
If she will not agree to allow them to visit for a week or two then you will have to petition the original court to modify the custody agreement to change it to reflect the current circumstances and give you longer visits during holidays and summers since you can not take advantage of your weekend visits.