lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

Elder care law. Since my brother and sister put my mother

Customer Question

Elder care law. Since my brother and sister put my mother on a plane with a one way ticket and very few clothing and I have been put in a position to take care of all of her need 24/7 is is possible to bill them for for my time. Since I have no household help and I prepare all three meals every day, help with her daily hygiene, provide all transportation to doctors and make what few dollars stretch as far as I can. If so how do I go about this.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
You cannot bill them for taking care of your mother. You can be sure that she is receiving all the government assistance available and that she is using that money to reimburse you for your expenses to the greatest extent possible.