Kerry
Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in the health care field
169559

HI XXXXX FIGHTING THE NEVADA STATE NURSING BOARD FOR

Customer Question

HI XXXXX FIGHTING THE NEVADA STATE NURSING BOARD FOR OVER 2 YEARS. I AM A RN DOING HOME HOSPICE CARE. I ATTENDED A WAKE AT A PATIENTS HOME WITH A CATERER AND A OPEN BAR. AFTER HOURS I GOT THERE AND TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT I FELL ASLEEP AFTER DRINKING. THE PARTY CROWD I WAS WITH LEFT. I AWOKE ABOUT ONE HOUR LATER. GAVE MY WIFE'S PHONE NUMBER TO THEM AND SHE PICKED ME UP. THE SONS WERE WASTED WHEN I GOT THERE, ALONG WITH OTHER PEOPLE. ALSO, I TAKE INSULIN WHICH I THINK MADE ME PASS OUT. THE BOARD WANTS TO PUT ME ON A 3 YEAR PROBATION, LIMIT MY LICENSE, CALL FOR A URINE TEST DAILY GO TO AAA AND SUPPORT AND SEE MY OWN PSYCHOLOGIST AND GIVE BIWEEKLY UPDATES IN HOW I FEEL AND HAVE MY SUPERVISER GIVE MONTHLY UPDATES AND A FEW MORE THINGS. I TOOK A PSYCH TEST AND VISIT, AND THE REPORT SAID I MAY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SUBSTANCES ABUSE. I TOOK A SECOND PSYCH VISIT/TEST AND I SHOWED NO PROBLEM. THESE WOMEN ARE ON A POWER TRIP. HAVE MY CIVIL LIBERTY RIGHTS BEEN DAMAGED?
Expert:  Kerry replied 5 years ago.

Hello

Do you drink to the point of passing out often?

Can you go without drinking?

I wonder who reported you to your state board?

Have you been in trouble with the State board in the past?

Unfortunately, once the State Board hears of something like this occurring, they usually take the action you describe. Their main function is to protect the public from nurses who may be dangerous or who potentially may work under the influence of a mind altering substance. You are now in the system and will have to go through the process set forth in order to keep your license.

I can have your question transferred to our lawyers if you wish.

Kerry

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HI XXXXX DRINK TO THE POINTOF PASSING OUT. YES I CAN GO WITHOUT DRINKING. I DID. ONE WEEK LATER WIFE CALLED TO HAVE SHARPS CONTAINER PICKED UP AND SHE TOLD A CNA WHAT HAPPENED, WHO TOLD OUR SUPERVISER, WHO TOLD THE ADMINISTRATER. SHE WROTE ME UP AND THEN TOLD ME TO REPORT MYSELF TO THE BOARD OR SHE WILL. NO, I HAVE NOT BEEN INVOLVED WITH ANY BOARD BEFORE. AND YES , CAN YOU PASS THIS ON PLEASE.
Expert:  Kerry replied 5 years ago.

Okay, I am requesting that this get sent to the lawyers on our list. I'm sure they can offer you more advice.

Take care, I wish you the best outcome.

Kerry

Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 35 years in the health care field
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello there. I have not received an answer yet if my civil liberties have been comprised.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other
A nurse answered my original question rather than a lawyer. I would like to know if my civil liberty rights have been violated. Thank You
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I relisted my question a week ago and still did not receive a answer. I need a lawyer to answer whether or not my civil rights have been violated.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm apologize that you have had to wait so long to hear from an attorney in our system. Occasionally transferred questions get overlooked in the shuffle, especially when they end up being transferred late in the evening as your question appears to have been.

I'm very sorry to hear of your dilemma. My significant other is also a Certified Hospice Nurse herself and I know the good that you do.

In reviewing all of the details that you have provided regarding the circumstances leading to your probationary period and the requirements of probation, I must surmise that you have not had your civil rights violated. Nor have your rights relative to your license. While I will admit that the list of rules that you must comply with seem onerous, the board of licensing is given wide latitude in disciplinary measures that it can take in dealing with a member.

I wish you well in your future.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,

Doug