C.Fortunato
C.Fortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Admitted NYS Bar, member ABA, NYSBA, NYCBA, QCBA, Licensed Real Estate Broker
14232603

Contract law question - - is there such as thing as violating

Contract law question - - is there such as thing as violating the spirit of a contract? the exact wording of the contract was followed but in a deceitful way.

Regards:

Jim
Hi Jim,
Do you mean that the end result was different from what was anticipated?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my issue was no one except these people knew the posting was in the mailroom. 99.9% of job opprtunities are in the daily notices. Last year the painting jobs were in the notices but due to the economy there is a lot of interest in these summer jobs. by the way a math summer school position only pays $3,000
I think you have the basis for a grievence. Rather than being based on a breach of the "spirit" of the contract, it would be based on the "intent" of the contract (which is similar). Clearly the reason that jobs are "posted" is so that more than a chosen few can apply for them. If the jobs were only available for a chosen few, then those few could just be given the jobs directly, and there would be no need for posting them.
Given that the jobs are supposed to be posted, and given the fact that at most times in the past the postings were done in the daily notices, it would be a violation of the concept of "customary dealing" for them to do something different without warning.If I have fully answered your question, please click on the "ACCEPT" button, as per your agreement with "JUST ANSWER." If you need further information, please let me know.
Thank you!