Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

vacate final order, a final order was signed after a 30 minute non-evidentiary hearin

Customer Question

to confirm an NASD arbitration award with an NASD Rule 2130 expungement.......the final Order was signed without an evidentiary hearing...

a timely Notice of appeal was filed resulted in a Per Curiam affirmed...
a Motionfor Rehaering in the Appellate Court was filed it was denied

can the case be reopened and a motion to vacate final order pursuant to Fl R Civ P 1.1540(b) 15 months after the final order was signed
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If the motion for rehearing was denied here on the appellate level then you are done here. Your only option here might be discretionary review by the Supreme Court.

But realistically you are probably through here with your remedies. I don't think the trial court here would reopen since the applellate court here denied motion fo rehearing.I wish I could tell you differently. You can try if you choose here but likely the court denies such a motion. It appears you have exhausted all judicial remedies here in this matter.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
your answer is not in accordance with the case..the matter has been reopned ..the court granted a motion to intervene..the cout granted a motion to amend the pleadings a counter complaint for damages was fiked now I just need to understan does filing an appeal toll the time ..1 year requirement pursuant to 1.1540b as the mandate on a Per Curiam affirmed was entered 15 months after the final order
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
I am going to opt out here and see if you can get a florida lawyer here to respond..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you