How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in new mexico. My ex GF is 3 months pregnant and I know

Resolved Question:

I live in new mexico. My ex GF is 3 months pregnant and I know she wants me to be a part of the kids life but we have yet to talk about actual custody. I have feeling knowing her that joint will most likely be the outcome. I'm just not sure what I need to do in the meantime or after the kids born to ensure rights, etc.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 8 years ago.
As the father, unless you are arrested or otherwise involved in conduct or happenings that would endanger the child, you will have access to the child. To ensure that your access rises to the level of joint custody, be responsible in your affairs and show that you have the financial wherewithal to provide for the child, that is make sure there is enough extra room in your place that can be dedicated to the child, begin exploring health insurance for the child, as well as a trust account for the child's education.
MShore and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So obviously joint custody needs to be determined by legal means other than the both of us agreeing on it?