TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

if a title has a forged signature when transferring ownership,

if a title has a forged signature when transferring ownership, can the new title be revoked or voided?
Expert:  TexLaw replied 7 years ago.
Hi

Thank you for submitting your important legal issue to Just Answer. I am pleased to have the opportunity to provide you with an honest and easy to understand answer to your question.

I am an attorney licensed in the State of Texas. The following information is a brief answer to your question. However, if you feel that you need further information or that you have other insights which might help me in providing a better answer, please feel free to write back.

In short, the answer to your question is yes. A forged signature on a title indicates that whoever had possession of the vehicle pursuant to the forged signature was not in rightful possession. The question becomes whether there is proof of the forgery. If there is no proof of the forgery and the forged signature is registered with the DMV to show that the title was transferred, then it will be very difficult to void the sale. The new title can be voided, but it would be very difficult to prove.

Does this answer your question?

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Zachary D. Norris or The Norris Law Firm. For complete legal advice and representation, you should consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What would be considered proof?
Expert:  TexLaw replied 7 years ago.
The testimony/affidavit of the person who's signature was forged, or the admission of the person who forged the signature.