TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

If an unsecure creditor files a limited civil action against

If an unsecure creditor files a limited civil action against me, how should I respond, can not afford a lawyer to rep me.. Citibank hired out of town lawyer to file case for 9 grand. Have no assets and limited income only enough to keep the lights on with a little food... no unemployment income since both of us were self employed...... cars have been repo, mortgage is past due several months, etc. have several other debts in default as well.. I don't mind filing my own court papers to respond but not sure what I should say to the court?
what state is the case in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for submitting your important legal issue to Just Answer. I am pleased to have the opportunity to provide you with an honest and easy to understand answer to your question.

I am an attorney licensed in the State of Texas. The following information is a brief answer to your question. However, if you feel that you need further information or that you have other insights which might help me in providing a better answer, please feel free to write back.

Check out this link:

You need to file a "General Denial"

This states:

Comes Now Defendant, _____________ (your name) and files this Answer and General Denial to Citibanks Petition, and will show unto the honorable court the following:

Defendant denies each and every allegation and claim made by Plaintiff and requests that a trial be had and that Plaintiff be required to prove each and every element of its cause of action.

Respectfully submitted,
(your name and contact information).

This will get you started. If you find that you have any actual defenses to payment, you will want to state these in your filing too.
I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Zachary D. Norris or The Norris Law Firm. For complete legal advice and representation, you should consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.