Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law

Does case status disposed mean that the case will be closed

Does case status disposed mean that the case will be closed and if so, then how long does it usually take in New York??
Expert:  Joseph replied 7 years ago.

I'm assuming you're referring to a statement you saw perhaps on a clerk of court's website, or something similar. When a case has been marked "disposed" that means it is already closed. This does not, however, indicate HOW the case was closed. It may have been by a plea, a trial or even a dismissal by the prosecutor.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
On E court it says case deposed 5/5/09. However, on May 21, 2009, my lawyer sent a letter to me, that the case is awaiting automatic dismissmal by the court and that I need to wait. Does that make sense?