Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My condo apt at Jade Winds Association had water damage from

My condo apt at Jade Winds Association had water damage from a leaky roof
over a year ago. The dry walls in the front bathroom and closet still have mold
and the wooden door frames are rotting, too. No one on the board has addressed
this problem for over a year and a half, except to blame the up stairs neighbor.
A specialist in mold remediation estamated the repairs will cost at least $10,000.00
1 1/2 years ago. What type of legal action can be taken against the association in
order for me to repair the damage?
                              &n bsp;                              Adrienne B. Fried
         &nb sp;                                                   [email protected]
Expert:  Tina replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

You can sue the association for breach of contract and negligence for not repairing the roof. You would need to get current estimates of the cost of safely removing the mold and repairing the damage to your condo. There may also be a provision in your agreement with the association that whoever prevails can be awarded attorneys fees.

Perhaps a demand letter from a property law attorney will get them moving on the issue, but if that is not enough, you will need to go to court.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards,

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited for my time when I have answered your question. I am available to answer follow-up questions or to clarify this answer. Thank You.