Juliana, Attorney
Experience:  23 years of experience; former prosecutor, magistrate, child support attorney

what are the requirements for being a student affiliate of

what are the requirements for being a student affiliate of APA (American Psychological Association) and what are the annual dues?

High school, undergraduate, and graduate students taking courses in psychology can become APA student affiliates, as well as psychologists living outside the United States, and teachers at teh high school and two-year college levels. Graduate student affiliates are automatically enrolled in the American Psychological Association of Graduate Students (APAGS). Undergraduate affiliates may choose to join APAGS by paying the same rate as graduate students.

To become an affiliate member of the APA, you need to complete and sign the affilicate application linked below, and send your payment for membership dues (described below)

Affiliate membership dues are as follows:

$52 graduate student
$27 undergraduate student
$27 high school student
$27 international student
$40 high school teacher
$40 community college teacher

Hope this helps,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Juliana,

That was exactly what I needed. I have just one more question, I also need to know the three main divisions of APA, where could I look that up. I have browsed the web and still couldn't find the answer.

Here is a link to the APA's website that has information about divisions:

I'm not sure what the three main divisions are, however.

Sorry I can't be more helpful with this question, but I'm really not sure how to answer it.    

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello Juliana,

Thank you for replying to my second question. I have browsed through that web already but I still cannot find the answer to the question. It is so confusing. I will get back to you with more question in the future. Thank so much for your help

The APA has so many different divisions, I wasn't sure how to determine the top three. They didn't seem to spell it out anywhere on their website.

It was a pleasure to assist you! Take care.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

could you please provide me the weblink to the first answer you gave me. I would like to go over it and study. I am willing to pay you more in reference to my future question in pyscology. Do you know pretty much about it. The web have so many things in it, I couldn't find the right link to answer my question, you seem to know more than me.

Here is a link to the page on the APA's website concerning membership dues:

I have a minor in sociology, and I took a couple of courses in psychology in college. I'm not an expert on it, though. I'm better at doing Internet searches than I am at psychology, ha.

I'll be happy to help you any way I can, however.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I clicked accept on the first question to pay you and you did get paid right?, I just want to make sure that I didn't make any mistake to not pay you. Thank you for the website it was very helpful.

Yes, I got paid after you clicked "accept."

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX me know if there's anything else I can try to help you with.