TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

is it true that in the State of Pennsylvania, if you physically

is it true that in the State of Pennsylvania, if you physically try to stop a repoman from taking your car that he must leave it behind?

Thank you for submitting your important legal issue to Just Answer. I am pleased to have the opportunity to provide you with an honest and easy to understand answer to your question.

I am an attorney licensed in the State of Texas. The following information is a brief answer to your question. However, if you feel that you need further information or that you have other insights which might help me in providing a better answer, please feel free to write back.

It is not exactly true that if you attempt to stop a repo man he has to leave the car behind. What is true is that repossession of a vehicle cannot cause a "breach of the peace." Thus, if you were attempting to repossess a car and you had to use physical force against a driver, then you have surpassed your legal allowance in repossession. However, a driver of a vehicle cannot get out of the car and then assault you as you are repossessing the vehicle. If the vehicle is repossessed, and it causes a breach of the peace, then the repossession was not accomplished legally.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Zachary D. Norris or The Norris Law Firm. For complete legal advice and representation, you should consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.