Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What constitutes harassment in the state of PA

Customer Question

What constitutes harassment in the state of PA?
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

Please let me know more about your situation. Does it involve sexual harassment on the job? Some other type of harassment? Please provide additional details so we can assist you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi there,

I actually posted my information above, so hopefully I did this correctly. If not, let me know and I'll re-post. Thanks
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.

Yes. I can view your optional information now. While you should not have confronted her personally, but reported her harassment to the police, it is still not too late to do that since you have good evidence regarding the harassment. You may also want to file a petition for a restraining order against her. However, unless there is additional harassment, I would not do this, since you have confronted her. Wait and see if there is additional harassment before you do this.

You may also have a civil cause of action for defamation if you can show her statements about you are false and you have suffered monetary damages.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards,

TG

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited for my time when I have answered your question. I am available to answer follow-up questions or to clarify this answer. Thank You.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Thanks for your answer. What I was asking is if SHE (and her husband) would have any leg to stand on for filing a harassment suit against me and my husband for my visit to her salon and for my husband's visit yesterday to speak with her. Again, my visit was not in any way "confrontational" as she did not know it was me until the very end when I introduced myself and then left. And with my husband's visit, he called and asked if she would be willing to meet and talk with him and she agreed to do that, so again, it was not a situation where he was "confronting" her in any fashion, it was a meeting/talk that she agreed to by phone.

So again, the question is do they (she and her husband) have any grounds for harassment charges against my husband and I because her husband claims he spoke to his attorney who advised him that they do have grounds for charges.

Thanks again
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.

Not from the facts you have provided. The worst they could do is file a motion for a restraining (no contact) order against you and your husband. These types of motions are routinely granted. However, at a hearing they would have to provide proof that the restraining order is necessary for their safety or well being, which they apparently would not be able to do. Therefore, it would be dismissed. Their suggestions to the contrary are likely meant to intimidate or scare you.

All the best to you and your husband.

Tina, Lawyer
Experience: JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks so much, appreciate your help!
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
You are very welcome! :)