Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.

I live in the State of Florida, I divorse but some thing never

I live in the State of Florida, I divorse but some thing never get solve, know my ex-wife has a lease car and I'm the co-signer. I want to take my name off the lease, what I do?
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

You can probably not get your name off of the lease documentation without your wife effectively cancelling the current agreement and creating a new one. You and your ex - wife shoudl speakwith the leasing company and see if they can redo the leasing agreement with just your wife's name. If she can qualify for the lease this may not be a problem. If it took both of you to meet the credit requirement then you will need to wait until the lease expires.

If a part of the dicorce was transfer of tyhe car you may be able to get a judge to force her to transfer the vehicle in her name, or otherwise dispose of the vehicle.

wife can speak with the leasing company to try and make that happen.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The lender offer her to refinance just to her, but because of the cost she say that she won't want to do it. Is any legal action that I can presue to PUSH HER TO DO IT?
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

If your divroce settlement provided she was to get the car and the lease, then her refusal may constitute contempt of court. You can file fr contempt of court to ask a judge to force her to refinance the car or face sanctions.

If your divorce decree is silent on the matter you may have little you can do to force her to take your name off the lease.