LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

I have a judgement default entered against me and I have an

I have a judgement default entered against me and I have an opportunity to enter a motion against the lawyer. Originally I set up a payment arrangement and the lawyer accepted the agreement, and he said, I didn't have to appear in court. I have documentation of this arrangement. Now I have to pay court costs and also I have judgement default against me. The lawyer said he would give me papers stating the judgement is satified after it's paid off. Should I go back to court to fight this? Will I have a judgement on my credit report regardless of what I do?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good afternoon,

Regarding the agreement to make payments, did you have even the most minor issue arise--such as one of the payments being a day late? Did you meed every obligation of that agreement? Was the repayment agreement in writing?

I’ll put forth my best effort in assisting you. When you are able to respond to my request for clarification of your situation, I’ll be able to assist you. In the meantime I would ask that you please stay on-line, just in case I need additional clarification from you regarding the factual circumstances relating to your question. Thank you for allowing me to help.

Regards,

Doug
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I made the payments asked for, but he still went to court. On the paper work it only said we have an arrangement and that I did'nt have to appear in court on Apr.21, 2009.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good morning,

Why didn't you file an appearance in the court when you were sued? That was the only way he got the judgment.

You can file a motion to set aside the judgment and to proceed with the case. You can then argue that you have an existing agreement to make payments.

However, either way it can affect your credit, I'm sorrt to say.

I wish you the best.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. It would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having assisted you.

Best regards,

Doug

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Legally will the lawyer have to give me documentation that I satisfied the debt? Even if I take him to court to fight this case and the judgement is still entered.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
If there is a judgment entered, when you have paid the debt in full, the attorney will have to provide you with a Satisfaction of Judgment document that you can then file with the court.

Best regards,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney
Experience: I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.