Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

can a lawsuit be brought against an airlines for deliberately

can a lawsuit be brought against an airlines for deliberately making you miss a family funeral?
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

Our condolences for your loss.

What evidence do you have that it was their intention to make you miss the funeral?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there's more to it than just that, but we have documentation backing this along with the airline CS agreeing.

I see. Although airlines generally provide comprehensive disclaimers regarding their legal liability, then cannot disclaim liability for intentional torts, such as intentional infliction of emotional distress.

You need to consult with a local attorney that has handled cases against airlines. A personal injury attorney may be able to assist you. Contact the state and county bar associations for referrals to attorneys in your area. Most will provide a low cost or free consultation.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Best regards,

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited for my time when I have answered your question. I am available to answer follow-up questions or to clarify this answer. Thank You.