Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

me an my ex (whos physically abused me in the past) got into

Customer Question

me an my ex (whos physically abused me in the past) got into an arguement.. i ask'd him to leave.. he refused and said for me to call the police.. so i did, while i was waiting for the police on the porch he took his ounce of marijuana and hung it on my screen door, the police came ticketed us both for cannabis and equipment. now hes wanting me to tell the judge it was mine because hes been in prison for making meth twice and says i won't get into any trouble because i've bever been in trouble.. i don't know what to do, my question i guess is.. what most likely would should i take the tickets
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Consider obtaining a TRO and allowing your ex to take the consequences of his actions.

You can obtain the restraining order at the local clerk of the court's office. They will waive the fee if you cannot afford to pay.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
already got an order of protection aginst him.. filed it a few days after the incident, ty so much though.
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.
Do not take the charge for him. It will be on your record.