How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it against the law for a mother of a 14 year old child to

Resolved Question:

Is it against the law for a mother of a 14 year old child to have her 19 year old boyfriend to live in the household? I am the childs Grandmother and this makes me sick to my stomach....
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.

There is no law preventing such an action. The mother must take care of the child and assure no harm comes to the child as a result of the boyfriend being there. Your best course is to be vigilant and if you have a good faith basis to suspect abuse report it to Children's Services and they will investigate.


If you found this answer helpful please press the ACCEPT button.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.



Jack R. and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you