Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.

Is it against the law for a mother of a 14 year old child to

Is it against the law for a mother of a 14 year old child to have her 19 year old boyfriend to live in the household? I am the childs Grandmother and this makes me sick to my stomach....
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

There is no law preventing such an action. The mother must take care of the child and assure no harm comes to the child as a result of the boyfriend being there. Your best course is to be vigilant and if you have a good faith basis to suspect abuse report it to Children's Services and they will investigate.

If you found this answer helpful please press the ACCEPT button.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.