INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

My father-in-law made $7,000 worth of purchases on my credit

My father-in-law made $7,000 worth of purchases on my credit cards. He wants a week to pay me back. Can I except a written confession by him as a promise of payment and how should that be worded?
A simple document that states that he will pay you back X amount by Y date which is due and owing. Dated and signed. Preferably notatized. Then you can easily sue him to recover it if he defaults.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

He is deep in dept, he does not fear being sued. Only the fear criminal action, and public humiliation will motivate him. I need a written confession from him that can be used in criminal court. I need to know what a durable confession statement must maintain.

A confession would be made to the police and a promissory note would suffice. You can have him also admit that he wrongly took the money without permission.   Police though are likely to defer to the civil courts.