MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

our home was burned down after AC repair was done.. minutes

Customer Question

our home was burned down after AC repair was done.. minutes after we turned AC on.. insurance and other investigators say it was the AC. Do we have any claim if insurance paid us our policy limit, but that didn't cover everything - value of home, personal loss, trauma to our four children?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you likely have a viable claim. You should consult an attorney in your state provided that the insurance investigation conclusions are consistent with the initial findings that the AC was the cause of the fire. The fact that you were paid by your insurance has no bearing on your ability to file suit against the party performing what appears to be faulty repair work. I hope I have answered your question. If so, please click "Accept." If not, please feel free to contact me and I will elaborate. Thank you.