MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

My 23 year old daughter is being threatened and harrassed online

My 23 year old daughter is being threatened and harrassed online what can I do??
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.

Good evening,

I am sorry to hear about the harassment. Assuming that the harassment is taking place via an online service provider (i.e. google, aol, etc.) you can report the problem and request that a block be placed on your daughter's account prohibiting any contact from the IP address the harassing party is using to contact her. Explain to the service provider that you are concerned that the via its technology, an illegal act (harassment) is being carried out and with this knowledge it is incumbent upon the service provider to intervene and disallow the harassment. I hope everything works out. If I have fully answered your question, please be sure to click the "Accept" button in order that I may be properly credited for answering your question. If you are not satisfied with this answer, please feel free to contact me and I will elaborate. Thank you.