Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My Uncle was arested for asulting my Grandma.My uncle lives

My Uncle was arested for asulting my Grandma.My uncle lives with her. The police did not isue a pertection order to keep him away from her when he gets out of jail.This is a case of continuouse abuse.Dont they have to protect my Grandma from further abuse
Expert:  Sam replied 8 years ago.

hi

call the district attorney and explain the situation and state that your grandma feels threatened by your uncle's presence - they will instruct you on how to get the protection order - it involves filing a petition in the local court - but begin by calling the district attorney and speaking to someone in the victim/witness unit. they will help.

the police do not issue no contacts or protection orders. they have to come from the court.