FLACORPLAWYER
FLACORPLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  23 Years as attorney, licensed NY and FL. Former US ATTY.
13539925

want to know what I can do to get problem fixed

air handler is broken has been since 12/01/08 now I need the air land lord will not fix what can I do? Have several health problems breathing anf heart. Thanks Shelby
Expert:  FLACORPLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Unless your lease states otherwise, the landlord must maintain the HVAC in the rental. This is an issue of human habitation. If you were to withhold the rent, it would be a defense to an eviction action. Tell the landlord that you are going to have the HVAC repaired and withhold it from the rent. See if that shakes him up.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the lease is so messed up you can not read it to see what all it says. I know that va. law says you have to have the heat but I do not know about air. I will try to get a copy of the lease that I can read. Shelby