Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I live in Cape Coral and needed a digital transcrip of a court

I live in Cape Coral and needed a digital transcrip of a court hearing. I went to the pertinent government office, filled out a form and was told that the requested file would bemailed to my home address. When I got home I received a phone call from the gov office that they didn't that file but instead gave me a phone number to call. Wehn I did, I was told that the required file for only for sale at a cost of $190.00; no credit card, only cash or money order accepted.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. They are allowed to charge you here for a transript. This is becasue they are making you a copy and transcribing it for you. You may want to check into whether a pauper's oath would be allowed to waive the cost.

You would complete and the court decides if you get it for free. Likely the county here would have to pay the reporter. Take it in front of the court here if you need them to waive costs because you are indigent. Ask by writing the court and describing the problems here and offer to complete paupers oath or any other papers to convince the court that you need this for free.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.