Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

can a lien for taxes from a corporation be applied to personal

can a lien for taxes from a corporation be applied to personal property?
Submitted: 7 years ago via USLaw.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. A tax lien here in the corporate name should only be valid against corporate assets in such a situation.If it was against the corporation I do not think personal liability would attach. That really is the benefit of having a coprpration here to limit your liability in the matter.The corporation woudl shelter you from personl liability in the matter.

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.