RBinJax, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for 28 years. Personal injury, Social Security, family, work comp, criminal trial practice.

I live in a Mobil home park in Oregon, the Manager just sent

I live in a Mobil home park in Oregon, the Manager just sent out a new Phone directory for the park and included the date of birth of each resident. Is that leagel?
Expert:  RBinJax replied 7 years ago.
It isn't smart, particularly if it includes the year and not just the month and day, but I do not think that it is illegal. Birthdays are a matter of public record that can be accessed in many states. I am sure that this was intended to try to build community in the park by giving residents a chance to send cards to neighbors on their birthday, but posting those dates somewhere like a bulletin board on a weekly or monthly basis would have been a better idea.
I hope that this is helpful. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance. Thank you and good luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They did include the year and not the month and day. of birth. You can't even ask a person there age on a job applaction, how is this legal?
Expert:  RBinJax replied 7 years ago.
Because job applications are regulated by the government as to what they can and cannot ask due to age discrimination laws. I have run several queries through the Oregon Revised Statutes search and cannot find anything to indicate that the trailer park broke any laws. I have seen such information posted in other communities, although as mentioned earlier, it usually is just month and day.
I suggest that if you have not done so already, you speak with the Manager about your concerns regarding the directory and the information. Perhaps the Manager would be willing to re-do the directory to remove the offending information and ask the residents to return those previously given out. I agree that it was something that was better left undone (my mother would have been mortified if such information had been made public about her), but I cannot find that it was a violation of the law.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX't have a problem with them puting my date of birth in the new directory, I just have a problem with them not putting the park commeties, date of birth in it too and several others too.

I plan to accept your decision.

Expert:  RBinJax replied 7 years ago.
You are welcome.
If I have answered your questions, please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance.
Thank you for using JustAnswer and good luck.