RBinJax, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney for 28 years. Personal injury, Social Security, family, work comp, criminal trial practice.

Am I eligible for alimony...age 56 supported by husband entire

Am I eligible for alimony...age 56 supported by husband entire life....have clinical depression and unable to hold a job
You very well may be. Please let me know how long you have been married, as that is a key factor.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have been married 36 years
New Hampshire Statute 458.19 states that in determining whether to award alimony, the court shall consider if the party in need lacks sufficient income, property or both to provide for their reasonable needs; if the party from whom alimony is sought has the ability to meet those needs; and if the party in need is able to be self supporting.

In determining the amount of awarded alimony, the court shall consider the length of the marriage; the age, health, social and economic status; occupation; vocational skills and employability; needs; amount and sources of income; fault, if any; and federal tax consequences.

Based upon your health, the fact that you have not worked and the length of the marriage, I expect that in the absence of factors not known to me through your post, you should receive alimony from your husband as long as he has the ability to pay it.

I hope that this answers your questions. Please click Accept so that I may be credited for my assistance. Thank you and good luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much for your advice.
You are most welcome. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Best wishes that everything turns out well.