socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

My husband works in Nevada and is under investigation. My question

Customer Question

My husband works in Nevada and is under investigation. My question is was it okay for his employers to tell what new charges my husband was going to be served to his association representative before he himself knew them? That seems to me to be a violation of privacy.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

There are four types of "invasion of privacy" lawsuits. However, in order to make any of them "stick," you must be able to show that the statements revealed by a defendant are false, or that if true, that their public disclosure would be deemed "outrageous" by an ordinary person.

So, the question boils down to: XXXXX XXXXX charges true, and would an ordinary person be outraged by their disclosure to the public?

If yes, then you may have a legal action against the employer. Otherwise, not.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.