Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

My neighbors shrubs have overgrown the property line. What

My neighbors shrubs have overgrown the property line. What right do I have to cut them back to the property line

hi

if they are encroaching you can trim them legally and without problem - but only what is coming on to your property -

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can trim them back to my property line?

hi

yes. and you can even tell him you are going to do it and ask if he wants his portion trimmed since you'll be out there anyway - if you are so inclined - though not necessary

i see where you state he is not a very nice man and in that case, you might want to take photos of the bushes before and after you trim them - in case he decides he wants to bring some type of lawsuit. not that he would win - but at least you would have photos if you needed them