TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I was warned that I was being written up and that the HR manager

I was warned that I was being written up and that the HR manager is to be present, she is biased,,,against me, can I as to have someone else present?
Expert:  TexLaw replied 7 years ago.
Present during what exactly?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
reply to what
Expert:  TexLaw replied 7 years ago.
Dear DLCW,

Ahh...I see, I think that there was some problem on the software. I was not able to see the entire question, my answer is below:

Thank you for submitting your important legal issue to Just Answer. I am pleased to have the opportunity to provide you with an honest and easy to understand answer to your question.

I am an attorney licensed in the State of Texas. The following information is a brief answer to your question. However, if you feel that you need further information or that you have other insights which might help me in providing a better answer, please feel free to write back.

You have asked a question regarding an upcoming meeting you are going to have with the HR department at your company and the COO of the company. Your specific question is whether you have a "legal right" to have an unbiased person in the room with you at this meeting. Unfortunately, you don't exactly have a "legal" right to have an unbiased person with you in the meeting, unless you are a member of a union or have a contract which states that the company must provide that to you. Further, if the company has an HR handbook, and it states that you may have an unbiased person in the room with you during any kind of HR meeting, then you may have a claim for wrongful termination or harassment should the company not follow it. Do you have anything else to add that may change my answer?

If not, I suggest taking a small recording device and record the entire meeting so that if anything untoward occurs, you will have proof.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Zachary D. Norris or The Norris Law Firm. For complete legal advice and representation, you should consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.