TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

How do I sue the owners of a company that I cant find Great

How do I sue the owners of a company that I can’t find? Great Expectations of Nashville has changed owners 3 times, and I can't find the original ones to have them cancel my contract. I was lied to and am now being harassed by rude reps at Universal Account Reps because I refuse to continue to pay.
HiCustomer

What state are you in and where did you sign the contract?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Both in Nashville TN
What is the contract for?

What does "Great Expectations" do?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is a dating service. I have already given over $1,500 to them and everything I was told was a lie. These people are all over the ripoff report, I just wish I had of read it first.
DearCustomer

Thank you for answering my questions and thank you for submitting your important legal issue to Just Answer. I am pleased to have the opportunity to provide you with an honest and easy to understand answer to your question.

I am an attorney licensed in the State of Texas. The following information is a brief answer to your question. However, if you feel that you need further information or that you have other insights which might help me in providing a better answer, please feel free to write back.

From your statements, I understand that you would like to cancel your contract with Great Expectations and get your money back. Generally, your contract is with the business, not with the individual owners. Check your contract to see what it says...it should say something like "this contract is between ______ (you) and Great Expectations." Or "Great Expectations will do the following", etc. This would indicate that you have contracted with the business rather than the actual owners. In any regard, Great Expectations is a corporation. You sue them, and if they want to claim its the fault of someone else, its on them to make the previous owners a party to the lawsuit. As that is the case, you should file suit against the company.

My research shows that the dating service is owned by Great Expectations of Nashville, Inc., which can be sued by serving the lawsuit on:
Registered Agent:     
Name:      DANIEL R CANTRELL
Address Line 1:      RT 8 BOX 237
Address Line 2:     
City:      COLUMBIA
State:      TN
Zip:     NNN-NN-NNNN

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Zachary D. Norris or The Norris Law Firm. For complete legal advice and representation, you should consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.