Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I got sick and couldnt renew my tags, taxes, or license. What

Customer Question

I got sick and couldn't renew my tags, taxes, or license. What do I do?
Expert:  Zachary replied 4 years ago.
Have you been fined for failure to renew any of these?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, at least not yet
Expert:  Zachary replied 4 years ago.
DearCustomer

Thank you for submitting your important legal issue to Just Answer. I am pleased to have the opportunity to provide you with an honest and easy to understand answer to your question.

I am an attorney licensed in the State of Texas. The following information is a brief answer to your question. However, if you feel that you need further information or that you have other insights which might help me in providing a better answer, please feel free to write back.

Failing to renew your drivers license and vehicle tags is not a crime, nor is failing to pay registration taxes for your car. However, this is only true if you are not driving the vehicle. Most states do not have a penalty fee that they assess against a driver who has failed to renew. You should first contact your county tax assessor and tell him/her that you would like to pay the registration fee for your car for the upcoming year, you will also need to ask about renewing the tags. Then you should take public transportation or get a ride to the nearest drivers licenses office and go get your licenses reinstated. This will likely require a fee, but it shouldn't be that much different from the fee to simply renew the license.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Zachary D. Norris or The Norris Law Firm. For complete legal advice and representation, you should consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Zachary replied 4 years ago.
Glad I could help.