NewYorkLaw101, Attorney
Experience:  10 years civil litigation, no-fault, personal injury, premise liability and municipality law

i need help on how can i sue a pastor of a church who his entire

i need help on how can i sue a pastor of a church who his entire life he spent touching teens sexually which those girls happen to be his nieces?
Expert:  NewYorkLaw101 replied 7 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using Just Answer

Sorry to hear about this situation

I am not sure that based on your question that you have standing to sue the pastor yourself, unless that is you are the niece or if you can prove that you yourself suffered damages. If you believe there is an inappropriate relationship between the pastor and teens, I would suggest that you contact the local authorities so an investigation can be had concerning these allegations. At which point in time, the victims willk be able to sue the church and./or pastor depending upon the facts of the case.

Hope this helps

Have a great day

please remember to press ACCEPT

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am the niece and so did my sister suffer through this. there are no physical damages but they are psychological damages. all we want is justice and that he don't deserve to be pastor. There are alot of people leaving the church, because the've seen stuff that pastor shouldn't be doing. Do you think i should contact the police and put a claim?

Sorry to hear about your situation.
since you are the victim, you should contact the local authorities who will likely investigate the matter and see if there can be charges filed against the pastor. It is unclear as to what kind of church this is, however, you should be able to file a claim for psychological damages against the church based on the actions of the pastor. I would suggest that you contact a local attorney before you contact the police. Please be advised that Florida has strict statute of limitations times for when a claim can be asserted for sexual abuse. Therefore, time is of the essence. It is unclear from your question if the abuse is ongoing or if it has stopped. In any event, I would suggest that you contact an attorney immediately.

The attorney will be able to discuss with you your rights and options. If you do not have an attorney, I would suggest that you contact the Dade County Bar Association in your start to look for an attorney they are located at 123 NW 1st Ave # XXXXX Miami, FL 33128(NNN) NNN-NNNN If you request information about any lawyer referral program they will be able to direct you to the right party.

Hope this helps

Good luck in the future

Have a great day and please remember to press ACCEPT