How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FLACORPLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4634
Experience:  23 Years as attorney, licensed NY and FL. Former US ATTY.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
FLACORPLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a credit card that is over 10 years old i paid with a

Customer Question

I had a credit card that is over 10 years old i paid with a small balance of $400. The company went bankrupt. Now a new company took over and file a judgement against me for the balance. What do i do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  FLACORPLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
If the old bank had a judgment against you, they could have re-filed the judgment and it would have lasted more than ten years. In that case they can continue to try and collect the judgment. Make a deal and pay them off.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not know if the old bank had a judgement on me or not and i had no contact with these people this is the first time i am hearing from them. As a matter of fact I just receive the judgement and have not responded as yet. I have no idea who they really are.
Expert:  FLACORPLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
If you received a judgment, they have a judgment.

Related Legal Questions