Susan Roberts
Susan Roberts, Judge, retired
Experience:  Licensed to practice law for 30 years. Retired state trial judge. Civil and Criminal experience.

How do I write a Legal Notice of Death to be posted in a n

How do I write a Legal Notice of Death to be posted in a newspaper?

Good morning.

My condolences on your loss.

Check the wording of other obituaries in the paper and write your notice in the same style, just with different names and dates. This is for death notices and information regarding survivors, information on the funeral, etc.

If you are asking about a legal notice, notifying creditors and others, or, for example, the date by which claims have to be made, look for such notices in the newspaper and follow the same pattern with your individual information

Any employee of the classified ad department of the paper can walk you through the information needed for the purpose you are placing the ad.