FLACORPLAWYER
FLACORPLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  23 Years as attorney, licensed NY and FL. Former US ATTY.
13539925

Bank of America reported me to ChexSystems for suspected fraud

Customer Question

Bank of America reported me to ChexSystems for suspected fraud activity. When I called BOA to challnege the recovery office, they told me they didn't care that they reported the wrong information to Chexsystems and that the reason why your account was closed was due to Non Sufficient Funds, and still when this lady saying this, she said they would do nothing for me to change that status with Chexsystems. I did order my Consumer report from Chexsystems and it is on its way. What do I do with it? I need to open a bank account, wachovia has been super friendly and is open to it, they said they would just take something from BOA that said it was a faulty report, but BOA wont write anything.
Expert:  FLACORPLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
this chexsystems is the biggest racket going. Basically, B of A gets to slander your name and credit by reporting to other banks that they had an unsatisfactory relationship with you, whatever it was for. They are not voluntarily going to remove the report from chexsystems. And if they change it from fraud to non-sufficient, I still don't think Wachovia is going to approve your account. There are many banks that do not use chexsystems. Hunt around for one in your area.