LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

My ex husband is going to retire or if he hasnt already I

Customer Question

My ex husband is going to retire or if he hasnt already I am totaly disabaled trying to live on SS. I was givin a QDRO in connection with my ex I need to fill this paper work through an attorney so I can receive the retirement settalment but I can not afford this filling can some one help me Please sorry about spelling Janet Sideri   XXX-XXX-XXXX   [email protected] Thank You
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good morning Janet,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

The preparation and filing of a QDRO is probably the most complicated document procedures that is ever seen in a divorce action. Many family law attorneys don't even prepare them, relying on specialists to do it instead.

Your chances of successfully completing and filing the QDRO are slim, in my experience.

You can probably find an attorney to assist you if you agree to pay their fee out of the QDRO distribution. I suggest that you take the approach.

I wish you well.

Best regards,

Doug

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Since you cant do this can you tll me were I can go
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good morning,

You will need to contact a local family law attorney. If they don't prepare QDRO's personally, they can arrange to have it prepared for you.

I wish you the best.

Best regards,

Doug

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You did not help me I can not aford to just give my money out if you cant or wont help with 25 years you should know how to do this task sorry
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 years ago.
Good luck to you.

Doug