Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

it is always the case that sb who violates the school bus stop

Customer Question

it is always the case that sb who violates the school bus stop arms in illinois has his DL suspended?
Expert:  Sam replied 7 years ago.

yes. under Illionis law the penalty for a first offense includes a mandatory suspenion for 3 months and no more than 1 year.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is there any chance to avoid DL suspenssion? I did not got a ticket yet I mean on the scene. The bus driver saw all very clearly , and would probably report the incident to the police.It happend the day before yesterday, can police issue the ticket ? and how long i may wait for it

Expert:  Sam replied 7 years ago.

it is difficult to stop a mandated sanction. the police can ticket you if the bus driver gives that information to them - using that testimony - a ticket for this misdemeanor can be issued up to a year.