Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Can I force the State to except my foot prints as the same as on my birth certicate.

Customer Question

The State says that i have to get an offical name change to recieve my birth certicate because the last name on the BC is different from the last name a have always used in my life.All documents have the name of Shepardson on them and not Oday. To get an offical name change will cost me between $500 to $1200. Yes just to get my BC so i can get my drivers license.Without this license I can not board an airplane, I can not open an bank account, or drive a vehicle.
Expert:  Sam replied 8 years ago.

hi

yes, there would be no way around that - but what you can do is check with the clerk of the court and see if they have a form for a Name Change Petition - and then you can file it yourself - the clerk would also have the instructions on how the process needs to work - with publication in the local newspaper, etc.

if there is no form, such a pleading would not be difficult for you to do - ask the clerk if there are some name change Petitions you can look at - they are public record and can use one of those as a format -