LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

I had a dentist pull an infected tooth approximately 5 years

Customer Question

I had a dentist pull an infected tooth approximately 5 years ago. The procedure almost killed me according to the ER physician. To this date I can not bring myself to take myself or any of my family to a dental office for fear of something else tramatic happening. I was wondering if I still had any kind of case against the dental office as of now. FYI the dental office combined with my insurance did pay all of my medical bills associated with this situation. Please advise??
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. Unfortunately, the statute of limitations has long since passed for filing a lawsuit. In Iowa, these types of malpractice professional liability cases must be filed within two years of reasonable discovery of the act giving rise to the injury. I am sorry to not have more encouraging news to share.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.